Depersonalisation

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone else suffer from this with their Anxiety. I have OCD and the depersonalisation is terrible..it feels like I am not real and am in a dream....it scaring me...i keep thinking I am going to die or go crazy. Anyone else experience of this would be greatly appreciated. 

1 like, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes ma'amsmile it comes and goes. Hate it!!!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yep, I have been experiencing this for the past few months. Initially, I would feel fine most the day, and have a few moments throughout the day that would feel like a dream / unreal. Now, my symptoms are pretty constant but less extreme. I can think my way into feeling like a dream, but generally by vision just seems a bit hazy. Very annoying and a bit depressing. Praying for freedom from this for both of us!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It really is horrific, I've suffered on and off for many years. It really is just a side effect the f anxiety, when my anxiety is leas,it is too,but it doesn't stop it from being terrifying
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yeh I do aswell.

Does anyone feel like there awake now and where has everyother day gone and its a new day but feeling strange about it and sorry cant really explain it properly and tripped out all the time

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello clairbear

YES......many people who use this site experience Depersonalisation/Derealisation with anxiety.   It is horrible and frightenening until

you can come to terms with it.

It can mianifest itself in several ways:

Feeling unreal

Feeling as if you are "fading away"

Feeling if when you speak, your voice is coming from nowhere

Feeling as if the walls/patterned wallpaper are coming in on you

Feeling as if buildings are coming in on you

Feeling as if you are very tall

Feeling as if you are very short

These are from my personal experiences....and no, I am not mad.  Just the opposite.

It comes with heightened anxiety, but can be "cured" as anxiety lessens.

Keep posting, keep smiling. Good Luck

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Have we all been diagnosed with anxiety? I know it's just anxiety but I'm always always scared its schizophrenia. I like reassurance that its not smile Cuz the docs told us sosmile
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Anxiety..Yes!   Schizophrenia...No! .... I am obviously not a Doctor, but I am sure that symptoms for the latter are much more serious and more recognisable.  So much more is known about anxiety symptoms now, thank goodness, than say 50/60 years ago.  Also, you can tell by the number of people that use this site, that anxiety symptoms are actually common.  Not surprising in this uncertain world and the pressures put on us all from so many directions.  Keep Positive!  Good Luck!
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up