Depersonalisation/ Derealisation again.

Posted , 12 users are following.

I feel terrible today...am so spaced out...like am in some kind of dream. This along with all the obsessive thoughts I have(OCD) are making me feel like I am going crazy. Am so scared that I am go mad,become pyschotic or that I have Schizophenia or some terrible mental illness....Just wanted some reassurance that the dream like feeling is only Anxiety...feels so scary.

1 like, 42 replies

42 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It makes me feel like I am gunna go crazy it is awful...do u suffer from it Jen?
  • Posted

Me too trouble is I struggle to believe that it can just be Anxiety lol
    • Posted

I'd been really good for a few days and had a bad episode yesterday, so now of course I think I'll never feel good again. So annoying!!! smile
    • Posted

Me too! I had two great weeks now its back. I think the same but if ur crazy u just do it u don't think it or control ur actions x
    • Posted

I dont seem to get good days at the moment...well that not true had a few days where it was better and could cope with it better...now seems to have returned so bad...I keep getting panicky cos of it as well which I am trying hard to control.
    • Posted

Yeah I started Escitalapram 2 and a half weeks ago and felt a little bit better until yesterday..I thought they were working now I have it in my head that they are making it worse...which is probably stupid because I been taking for nearly 3 weeks and i was feeling a bit better. What about u and if so how long did they take to work?
    • Posted

Yes five yrs ago sertraline worked great and saved me from pnd and anxiety. After this baby I got it again and was on fluoxetine 12weeks worked good after 6weeks but it started again so they upped my dose and I went totally crazy so was rushed off it onto sertraline again in was going so well very quickly but now at 4weeks in my anxiety is back and panic all day and night sad hoping I can ride it through without trying a increase. I'm not helping myself though but its so so hard. I can't b alone if alone I'm a mess
    • Posted

Rachel weirdly that is how that my Anxiety started as well....I had my daugter 18 years ago and developed Postnatal depression/OCD/Anxiety...it did go away then got it a second time after I had a misscarrige. I was like that then...well am now as well but the constant panic and thoughts were terrible. This is the 3rd time I have been like this and I know how you feeling it is awful...very hard to believe that Anxiety can make you feel this bad.
    • Posted

Did u get better the second time ? Sorry to hear u lost a baby. Been pregnant plays with my head greatly . I will not be doing it ever again! I love my children dearly but this is hell and I feel I'll never be better again
    • Posted

Yeah I did Rachel...a lot quicker than the 1st time as I took Meds and I gradually got better...that was 8 years ago and this time I got ill and had a massive panic attack and this started again then. I feel exactly like you even though I know rationally I got better before and I am scared that I am going mad or am just going to stay this way forever.
    • Posted

I feel I'll never b OK again. After 12weeks on flu was OK (started in late pregnancy) but when baby was 6weeks it returned a bit so doubled my dose and o my god it was hell after 3days I was crazy screaming in a mess. I then went on sert and improved at week 1-4 but week 4 its back again and still bad now at 5weeks tomorrow. They want to up the does but I'm so scared after the flu increase. 50mg sert sorted me out 5yrs ago but now it worked then dipped again. Hate it.
    • Posted

Sorry iv just realised iv repeated my story to you twice. Dp is how it effects me too makes little things impossible its a awful feeling x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.