Depersonalization

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone have any advice on how to make depersonalization less extreme or how to cope better? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It is purely a symptom of anxiety, so we shouldn't try to live with it necessarily. Once the root anxiety is controlled and under control the symptoms will lessen and hopefully stop. So I would say therapy would be best to resolve anxiety issues to hopefully stop these problems
    • Posted

I've been in therapy for a couple months and I haven't seen a difference they also put me on medicine and it helped with the panic attacks but not the depersonalization feelings. The depersonalization started with just the left side feeling detached but now its my whole body i can't feel anything and it's so scary
  • Posted

What were you diagnosed with?
    • Posted

I had it really bad I honestly thought I was a ghost it was awful. Fluoxetine has help but I still have it in the background but my anxiety is still there I'm hoping once the anxiety goes I'll b normal again. I know its so scary ! U need to go with it don't fight it as ul feed it more. 
    • Posted

It's usually bad all the time except when I first wake up but whenever I go into a panic attack because of it I always have to grab onto someone and when it gets really bad I feel like I can't stand up because there's no support holding me up and I hate it 
  • Posted

Talk therpy fixes the problem, medication ease the symptoms only. I the symptom of your legs going I assume are you feeling light headed or faint. These again will pass when you can take control and also talk thru the trigger and meet them head on.

Its a tough fight dont get me wrong I need to get thru these fear to, but you have to take the small wins each time and reward yourself

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.