Depersonalization and anxiety destroying me

Posted , 2 users are following.

iv had dpdr for about 3 years now...im so stressed outabout it cause i just had my son 2 days ago and im bothers cause i feel like im not gonna be a good father...ontop of i cant think straight..my memory is really bad..and i feel like ima lose my cool... i reall need someone to talk because this is very stressful...its so bad to the point my senses are very off and it scares me

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I am very sorry you are going through this. I know what depersonalization feels like and it’s frustrating.

One thing I know is that the more I get anxious about the depersonalization, the worse it gets.

are you taking any medication? Also, counseling helped me learn how to manage it better.

WHEN I focus on relaxing my mind as much as possible, I don’t get it. But I do this daily. The more you retrain your brain to relax, the less depersonalization you will have.

IF there are things in your life causing stress and anxiety, then you need some support.

You can be a wonderful father and that little boy needs you in his life. If you focus your energy on what he needs it will take the focus off of yourself and you can help that little boy grow up and look up to you.

A professional counselor who deals with anxiety patients every single day can really help you with this! Are you able to visit a counselor?

IF you are in the US, there is a confidential number you can call when you feel like you really need somebody to talk to. It is 800 -273-8255 it is open 24 seven .

SO my recommendation would be to have a visit with your doctor.

GET yourself set up for some counseling to help manage this because it’s hard to do alone. Think about what is causing you anxiety on a daily basis

DO some slow deep breathing to relax your self and also listen to some anxiety meditations on YouTube daily.

TAKE One day at a time.

GET SUPPORT!❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.