Depersonalization/derealization

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello been experiencing much DP/DR lately . Anyone tried any medication that have worked for them to relieve it ? My anxiety hasn't been so bad lately . The only thing that triggers me some anxiety is the DPDR sadly . Wanted to see if anyone has had success through medication or anything else.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Hi eduardo66456,

I have been having this for the past almost month and it is such an ugly feeling. I feel very much like I'm in a dream and nothing is real. Time goes by so slow and I become very distoriented like I forget where I'm walking or where I am. I'm zoning out a lot and it all seems so nasty. Is this what your experiencing too? If it is and if it's not just know you're not alone

• Posted

So sorry you're going through this. It truly is awful. Are you taking any medication for it?

• Posted

It really is ! Ruins daily life for someone rolleyes no not yet I'm debating it how bout you?

• Posted

It ruins mine every single day. I try to think and pretend it's not there but it is. That's when it gets worse. I'm on the lowest dosage of Lexapro. I find if I stay on it longer than maybe it will help me more. I was only on it for four days so I didn't give it a chance. I had to power through the side effects.

• Posted

Are your symptoms 24/7 too? Mine are rolleyes yea usually you're suppose to be on medication for a couple of weeks before it kicks in

• Posted

Mine are 24/7. From the moment I wake up to the time I go to bed. I am terrified I don't even want to get out of bed. I feel so disoriented. Like everything if a dream sad

• Posted

Same here it's so annoying ! I can't even enjoy being outside my room without it getting annoying . ;/ have you tried anything for it ?

• Posted

My symptoms also last 24/7. I'm feeling everything is so unreal that all I want to do is sleep. I feel like I could go to sleep at any given moment or that I already am asleep in a dream. I have faith it will all get better for us though.

• Posted

When I do get breaks from it I become so overly exhausted and feel I'm going to fall asleep at any given moment. It's so scary.

• Posted

I'm on quetiepine but I still hav dr/dp for 20 yrs now.

Would changing to another anti psychotic help?

• Posted

Sorry Eduardo didn't intend to ambush ur post.

• Posted

20 years????? Has it been off and on ? I'm not sure regarding medication TBH I haven't taken none rolleyes

• Posted

20 years constant but I always have hope.

I messed around with weed skunk so really wasn't helping my cause unbeknownst to me at the time.

• Posted

Are you at least able to function rolleyes? I dont want to think about this long term ....

yea many drugs or weed can bring it out if it was underlying already .

• Posted

I know this was addressed to Phil but I'm not able to function at all. I'm at work currently and I'm functioning but I feel like a zombie. My mind takes me where I need to go but I feel like it's so disoriented and unreal.. 😔

• Posted

Yes I function. I've never allowed it to interfere with my work only when I was real bad but those days are thankfully behind me. Work takes my mind off it.

I believe the key is training ur brain to relax and I need to address the issues I had before I had the dr/dp. Cos actually the anxiety I had before when I think about it is worse than just the feeling of dr.

If I could feel confident in conversation with anyone I would feel good about myself .

Phil

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.