Depressed.

Posted , 6 users are following.

HI guys my symptoms started at beginning of April this after seeing the dentist and gave me antibiotics for infection metronidazole course for 6 days taking 3 tablets a day. While I was taking them I would get serious bloating but as I had to finish the course so I carried on. After course finished I would get bloating after I ate pain on right side just below my ribs,went to doctor who prescribed me omeprazole week later I went back as they did not help then he prescribed mebeverine as he said due to the antibiotics it had messed my stomach up. A week later went back again still bloating nausea as well gave me domperidone for my nausea and booked me for a scan as he said could be gallbladder related which I had few days ago waiting for results. I am not getting that much pain as I was at the beginning but sometimes on right side going to my back dull pian, nausea which comes and goes last week hardly had it this week having it quite a bit and the smell or taste is always in my mouth.  Getting me really down.

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Doc said it maybe stones blocking bile ducts but wont know for sure until endoscopy which i will get an appointment whithin 8 weeks
    • Posted

Well, please let us know how the test goes, and let us know how you're doing!
    • Posted

I really hope you get the endoscopy fast. Up to 8 weeks is a long time to wait if you have a suspected bile duct blockage. If the pain gets, worse I would go to A + E. Best of luck and keep in touch.
  • Posted

The pain from bile duct blockage horrendous I waited weeks to have an ERCP and by the time I had it on Wednesday I had passed it !!!
    • Posted

Hi how did ur ercp go Sam. And what you mean u passed it? As pain had gone before ercp.?
  • Posted

Hiya. I'm not going to lie the ERCP wasn't pleasant. The problem is my MRCP scan was in March which showed a stone blocking the duct but didn't have an appointment for the ERCP until this week. The consultant said (after cutting my bile duct and dragging a basket through) that there was no longer a stone in there and as my bile duct was 12mm wide he believed at some point it must have passed through (can't say I ever look in my poo to have realised though) ha ha
  • Posted

And . No I still have pain 😢
    • Posted

Really sry to hear about that. So what happens next waiting for results. Can I ask did you take blood test and if so was ur bile high in the test.
  • Posted

I had blood tests but they didn't tell me anything about them. I'm back seeing my consultant on Wednesday and should get the date for my gallbladder to be removed.
    • Posted

Hi, Sam, so sorry that you're going through all of this!  Makes me wonder how they can possibly help anyone with all the delays between tests!  Please be gentle with yourself, and let us know how your meeting with the consultant goes!  
  • Posted

Still waiting for referal letter but in meantime wanted to ask a question i have been managing my symptoms with watching what i eat somedays could be like 3 or 4 days im fine then other days i could be like slight dull pain on right hand side and worst for me is taste in my mouth which i cant take at all , can someone relate?
  • Posted

Ok today i went for my consoltaion with the doctor in hospital who after i went trough all of my symphtoms which in last 2 weeks have calmed down a lot due to changing eating habbits and keeping my self active has said there is no need for a endoscopy or lft at the moment, she did a pysical exam of my abdomon and too see if i was getting any pain or discomfort which i was not and talked how my symptoms started to now, and has said was  gonna refer back to gp and in a few months do a blood test and scan again. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.