Depressed

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I've been suffering with anxiety my whole life but 6 weeks ago it all come on really intense I've been told I've got depression and that's made my anxiety so severe Im having my sertraline upped slowly now on 150mg for last 5 days I'm trying to stay positive but I feel so down it makes my head rally hurt like I sort of feel ill and like crap and just nervous all the time I just want advice like does anyone else feel this bad 😑

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Tom,

I don't have much advice but you definitely aren't alone. I have been this way all year due to my life falling apart.

All that has helped me is reading and talking to people here. If you talk to much to your friends about it they will start to avoid you. If you to be sort of upbeat when you see your friends. They don't get it and never will unless they have experienced it.

I have found exercise helpful. I run a minimum of 50 minutes a day and it seems to take some of the edge off. And during the time of exercise, I don't feel anything, no anxiety or depression.

Also, if you can change your diet to foods that help with these feelings. You will need to google it.

I had read a quote from Oscar Wilde yesterday, “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”

It made me think. I am not going to kill myself so I am going to have to make the best of it while I am on this planet.

Do things that give you pleasure- go out and eat, see friends. Try and help someone worse of than you.

• Posted

Tom

We all suffer many of the feelings you describe, it is however important you give your medications time to work, you have been on them for six weeks and your GP has upped the dose for five days and should start to feel much better  soon.

Yes depression and anxiety do make us suffer although hopefully you will feel more at peace soon

We are always around for a chat

• Posted

Thanks anon it just gets so overwhelming I'm trying my hardest going out running in morning and night it's hard to say because I'm a 28 year male but I keep bursting in to tears and that's not me normally at all 😞

• Posted

tom

When your medications reach a working level, give a further time for them to work, if you feel then you could do with more intervention talk to your GP He will look for a further pathway that may be good for you

Keep a hold

• Posted

Hi Tom,

I am right there with you. I know.. I wish I could wave a wand and make it all disappear for all of us here.  Please just keep fighting.

You have to reset your body's chemistry, this is one way of doing it.

We are here for you, always.

• Posted

Yes Citalopram and Amytryptalene for another condition.

The AD above I will need to take for the rest of my life.

I suffer a chronic condition that is pain related

• Posted

Hi Tom, I've had both for as long as i can remember, and when you get your medication increased it always makes you feel like you've failed somehow.

We need to remember the health profession is looking after us when we are unable to.

More sertraline might make you feel worse to begin with, but settle like it did when you first started on it.

Whatever you do, try not to blame yourself for how you feel, it's a chemical imbalance that everyone on here suffers from and had to deal with as best we can.

Anon has already given you good advice about practical things you can do, try one at a time 'cos your head is busy at the moment.

Do every day at a time, and try not to think too far forwards or too far back!

Have you been offered any counselling?

xx

• Posted

Hi Kate , I'm having counselling and seeing a psychologist at the moment but I think there's such an unbalance at the moment I'm all over the place don't really know what's going on it's frightening I just hope my meds start to work soon as it's putting a lot of strain at home aswell.

• Posted

Good to hear that you're getting the maximum support babe, why the strain at home though?

• Posted

My wife was supportive at first but now is saying there's nothing wrong with me and pull my self together telling me I've got to be stronger but I'm trying my hardest in just want to be better but there seems like there's no end to it

• Posted

Ooooh, that's SO typical, i just can't even begin to tell you without going on a rant of my own.....

There IS something wrong

It's NOT your fault

You've taken responsibilty for how you're feeling

You've taken action, and you're waiting for it to kick in.

It's impossible for anyone who hasn't been through this to understand it...

I'm sorry Tom, I know how it is to feel lonely in your own home, with people around who are supposed to love you and sympathise, but who just run out of things to say, or avoid it, or worse, get cross with you for not being better sooner!

I advise not talking but requesting hugs now and then xx

• Posted

I can understand how frustrating it must be but your right I do feel lonely in my own home at the moment I just want this nightmare to end , thanks for chatting to me Katie it really helps 👌

• Posted

Must be hard for your wife too, but if you can keep things simple and honest when you speak with her - she needs to be patient with you, you're being patient with your pills, it's all give and take ...

Good chatting to you aswell, this forum is a Godsend. Hang in there and keep posting xx

• Posted

We are supposed to be going to Cornwall on Friday for a long weekend with her mum and dad but I really don't want to go my comfort zone is my home at the moment but she's going mad but I really can't face it I know I'm going to be panicking like mad like everyday at the moment.

• Posted

That's a tricky one... how well do you get on with her folks? If you're on good terms then you could potentially tell them directly - without going through your wife, i mean - that you don't feel up to it (doesn't have to be a mental issue)

... or do you have to drive?

Also, you have to decide how you'll be on your own in the house angel xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.