depressed

Posted , 5 users are following.

how long have people been depressed? has any one felt like they were going to die because of depression but 20 years later they still feel the same? i ask because i feel depressed and that im going to die and been like this for about a year

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gary

i have suffered with depression for many years and have tried all sorts of medication and therapy. The wanting to die comes and goes and the bad days are awful but it’s nit always bad there are some good days. Try to keep yourself as busy as possible and don’t be afraid to reach out for help

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello Gary

Everyone goes through such hard time in his or her life when we start feeling that this is something unbearable and we are just going to be finished. But it goes one day definitely, nothing is constant here. One needs to adopt the simple things in his morning routine, it is really simple to believe me it works for many people. Get up early and sit down in a lonely and quiet place, try to deviate your mind from the thoughts and start meditation. So some simple exercise. Read or watch some motivational stuff and make a small to-do list of your work. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

im on medication have been for a year,and i go through a phase of being ok but in the back of my mind the thought of dieing always creeps through and thats the part i dont like,i exersise,do weightlifting,walk dogs so i do go through the norm,
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi there I think many on here can remember times they have wanted to die but it comes and goes if it stays around you really need to talk to someone professional. There is some crazy stuff going on in the world and  most of the news is negative so bound to get you down. I try not to watch too much bad news and instead read some fun stuff!! Love and blessings, be well
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

i dont feel that i want to die i feel like i am dieing,its that feeling that i wish i could shake off,has any1 else felt this way
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up