Depressed again...

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everybody. I have posted on this forum before and it made me feel a little bit better. I feel depressed again. I started antidepressants a year ago and about 2 months ago I stopped taking my medication as my doctor advised. I was so proud of myself. Summer of 2018 I was feeling almost like my old self. In October i had a little setback but got over it. But now I am feeling the depression and anxiety coming back. I am so disappointed. I don't even know why i am writing this right now. I just wanted to share. I have all the support from my family and boyfriend but i sometimes feel so alone. Anyway, thank you for reading and i am very sorry for any mistakes in my English.

Joann

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi joann, poor you! If sounds like your having a tough time! Why don't you try some mindfulness, yoga or some other relaxation techniques. It may help you more than medication. I hope you get the support you need.

• Posted

Thank you Sam for your reply. Truth be told i haven't tried any of what you suggested above. I will give them a shot and see if anything helps!

Joann

• Posted

If the meds helped you last time then why not go back on them. Wait at least 6 months of feeling better before you attempt to come off them again. x

• Posted

Hello Hypercat and thank you for your reply. I will probably go back on them i am just waiting a little bit to see if this persists. if

• Posted

I don't understand why your doctor advised you to stop taking your medication, if they helped you feel better then for goodness sake keep taking them, I think anxiety is the worst part of this illness, depression makes you feel like you are alone in your own little bubble with the rest of the world outside, I wish I had family support, most days I feel like just giving up. But somehow you just struggle on in the hope that tomorrow will be better although it never is.

Val x

• Posted

Thank you Valerie for your reply. I stopped the medication do that we could see the progress i had done because i also had some therapy sessions. I was do happy that for about one month without meds i was foing fine. And now i am just disappointed with myself. For me, my anxiety keeps me going. If it weren't for my anxiety i probably wouldn't be able to even go to work. Please don't give up. The good days even if they are rare are worth it!

• Posted

Hello my names Leela.

I call a supportive helpline like Samaritans or even your doctor. If you feel suicidal you must call the emergency services. They gave me so much love, attention, help and diagnosed me with depression. Now i'm 50 years old and happily on anti-depressants (happy pills) because i didnt have enough happy cells in my brain so i had to top them up. I had to try out a few different ones till i found the right one for me. But I feel much better now.

You may need to see your doctor again to increase your medicine or try a new or extra medicine.

Also they let me try out all different kinds of therapy (one to one or group therapy) to help me feel better and learn to love myself and forgive myself for all the mistakes i'd made in my life.

Many many people would be heartbroken if they knew how you're suffering, including me ! And i dont even know you personally but so many of us feel or felt that same way you do now. So we are all in it together. You are not alone. Just ask for help. Call the emergency services and you will realise just how loved you really are...to people who dont even know you personally !

Lots and lots of sympathetic hugs from your new friend Leela Davis xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.