Depressed and angry

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've suffered from anxiety and depression for years. It's gotten so bad that I've become accustomed to never really being happy. Never ever expecting it. Just going through life day by day. I am 45 years old and have never had children. I've never really wanted children. As I've gotten older I've fulfilled my need to nurture through the love I've had for animals. My cat baby of 15 years died last year and I vowed to never have another pet. The pain I experienced with her loss was unimaginable. Recently my husband got me a puppy. The first time I held her I was in love. I couldn't go anywhere without her following me and wanting to kiss me. The five days I had her I was so happy. I had this puppy that needed me. Wanted to be held like a baby and loved. She was all that I didn't know I needed. The problem was that she was not very fond of my husband. Every time he would walk in the room she would bark at him. This upset him so much that he decided to give her up for adoption. Saying that she was aggressive and that it would for the best. I begged him to give her time. He refused and had the Humane Society take her away. I've been crying ever since, unable to get out of bed. I've missed time from work because I'm so depressed. I've begged my husband to get her back but my tears and pleas have fallen on deaf ears. Am I being unreasonable? I'm so incredibly sad and hurt. I hate my husband for what he did and want nothing to do with him anymore. Can anyone help me sort through my feelings?

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kenz - sorry to read of your dilemma. You mention that your partner threatened to give away the pup, which understandably upset you. Might I suggest the pup recognised your distress and took to barking at your partner in an attempt to protect you from his machinations. If over the past 12 years your partner has exhibited a narcisistic disorder, then it would follow that the threats are a controlling behaviour, building up to the action of removing the object of your desire and luxuriating in the consequence. If this conclusion is correct, I would suggest that the the wrong creature was taken to the pound.  
    • Posted

I agree with your every word. Since then I've come up with different scenarios under which we'd be able to bring my puppy back but each time the answer is always no. I struggle to understand how someone can profess their deepest love for you yet refuse to bring back the one thing that made you smile.

• Posted

Hi kenz43 was just reading youre posts & i love my staffie. I lost my other one a few years ago it just broke my heart. Dogs are just mans best friend for sure, unconditional love for u no matter what. In my darkest of times she sits curled up with me giving me the biggest sloppy kisses ever . Aw it must have been so hard to give her up. I agree with others posts that the bonding would prob have worked had it been given longer to train etc xx bless you ???

• Posted

Hi Amanda, thank you so much for your kind words. It's been almost two weeks since she was taken from me and I am just as upset today as I was when it happened. I know that I will have to find a way to forgive my husband and move on but it will be difficult.

• Posted

Aww im sure it wud. They are like family to me too. Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.