Depressed and anxiety getting worse

Posted , 5 users are following.

i been suffering from depression since October last year, but in the last month I getting really anxious, last Sunday had a panic attack, and then been on edge all the time. I've not stop shaking now, but every time I get nervous I shake and struggle to get my breath. My doctor is changing my medication, due to the anxiety, but got to come off my meds first. I done 2 days on 20mg, then got to go down to 10mg and then 3 days of nothing. I'm feeling worse already, I'm so exhausted and light headed, not sure if it's down to the meds. I'm not sure what is worst, the depression or the anxiety. Has anyone done this with meds and how did it effect you? I'm worried about going down to nothing, and how I would cope. Any advise would be great.

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

This is all normal when coming off meds. Once you start your new meds you will feel better. Try to do things to distract your thinking habits. Read,play games on your phone or take a short walk. What meds are you weening off? And what's the new med?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Was on citalopram and going onto sertaline. I'm so worried about it, worked said about taking holiday, while on nothing, Im not doing that why should I use my holiday up. I'll just have to go, and get through it. I say that but it's been two days and feeling bad. I didn't think I would be like this, Dont know what is the right feeling or wrong, is it me that are taking things wrong? 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have heard from my sister your symptoms will get worse as you come off and it will take a while to help after you switch meds. She has had to switch meds a few times and it is horrible this is why so far I have not went on meds...I am going to use that as my last resort. I have been struggling since 2007, Was really bad for a year then with therapy and relaxation breathing and yoga it tappered off but I would get anxiety and a panic attack once on a great while after that but wow it is back this January. Not as bad as the first time since I know more how to handle it but still contemplating do I do meds or keep pushing forward.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

My life had gone bad, my work was effected, and general daily life was effected, had no option, unless I was willing to lose my job, my work was badly effected. Thanks for the reply, I was hoping for a better response, but she did get over it right? It's been only two days, and not good, 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It takes the time to wean off those other meds and then once you start the new ones I think just this last time it took her a week and she already was improving once she started the new meds. This is her 4th switch. It takes time to find the right one sometimes for you since everyone is so different.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hey, I'm sorry u r going through all of this. I was feeling just like u a few months but have now been on settraline for just over 10 weeks. Firstly I have read on these forums that u can just do a straight swap with cit and sert but take a low dose of each until u come of cit from lowering it and then up the sert???? But if your doc has advised u to do it the other way then I would suggest taking some time off work I between the change over as u will be going through all sorts. I would recommend rescue remedy for the days u r not on anything and when u start the sert as the start up side effects. Have u heard of it? U can get it in any super market or chemist and it's all natural and even kids and pets can use it. It's very good and helped me get through the start up side effects of sertraline. I wish u well, and think positive and try to keep distracted. Keep me posted of how u get on x
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up