depressed and lonely

Posted , 8 users are following.

My wife of 20 years died a little  over a year ago I miss very much .My problem is I have ran into and old girlfriend that I dated for almost 3 years we have been going out for almost 3 months I feel very guilty about it like I'm cheating on my wife. To make matters worse I had a stroke 5 years ago and lost use of my left arm and don't walk well any more and don't feel like I'm good enought for any woman any more

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hello Harold. I am sure that you miss your wife and it will take a long time to grieve  but you do not need to feel guilty for dating another woman. However I think from what others have shared with me it is rather normal to have all your feelings as part of the grief process. I have a cousin who's 78 he had a massive stroke several years ago. He is now divorced from one of the most evil women that I have ever known. Well he met the kindness lady online they just got married in January. He can't walk or talk. She loves him to pieces and he loves her. Because of his last wife he was estranged from his children. Now his oldest daughter lives with them and helps so much and last week they had a birthday party for one of his sons. You may see yourself one way but the right lady will see you whole! I hope you can allow yourself some happiness that you deserve as you grieve. On this site we care please let us know how you continue to do. Diane

• Posted

Hi Harold. You shouldn't feel any guilt im sure you're wife would want you to be happy. I can't relate directly to your experience but my mum lost my dad 15 years and she's never allowed herself to get close to anybody but it's not made her happy. You also are good enough as this lady is with you for who you are. I hope you find happiness and keep in touch with us....

• Posted

Harold, You are not cheating on your wife. I do not think she would want you to sit at home and miss out on the rest of your life.

Furthermore , if your old girlfriend is enjoying your company as much as you are hers , I say go for it. The fact you had a stroke should not affect your friendship/relationship.

Please, go on doing the things that you enjoy and that make you happy.

Best wishes for loads of happiness !

• Posted

Thanks to everyone for your kind replies I'm tired of being alone I love this woman and know she loves me so i have decided to ask her to marry me 

• Posted

Congratulation's Harold !

I am excited and happy for you !

Best wishes!!!!!!

• Posted

I just wanted to let everyone know she said yes
    • Posted

Woo Hoo !!!

Smile, smile ,smile....This news just made my day !

So happy for both of you !

Congrat's

• Posted

Harold I am so...very happy for both of you!! What a deal! Have a happy..blessed life. Diane
  • Posted

Harold.....wow...wow...wow...xxxx

Wonderful news, you wife will be so very happy for you both, and giving her blessing with absolute..JOY...HAPPINESS...BEAMING SMILES...AND SO, SO MUCH LOVE FOR YOU BOTH....

You both deserve to be happy, make every day a joyful one xx have a wonderful life with each other, smiles, hugs, and love will surround you both xxx for the rest of your amazing lives together...

GOD BLESS both...your post has made my day....week,...year...xxxxx

Love, always, incredible futures, and beauty in every day forward....xxxxxxxxx

• Posted

Harold,

Ask yourself - if your late wife was able to send you a message, would she be a jealous ... woman ... or would she like the fact that you're trying to be happy with someone else (given the situation)? I bet she would be glad that you think about seeing someone.

We cannot control when we die, all we can try to control is what to do with the remaining time that is given to us.

Be happy!

• Posted

Hi Harold - I read your post and was thinking your wife would want you to live, that's what you're here for. 

Then I read further down the page and see you have chosen to do just that. Good on you, and congratulations on your imminent marriage. I hope you both will be very, very happy sharing the sunset of life together.

• Posted

We got married today and are very happy again thanks to everyone for your kind words and well wishes 

• Posted

Harold congratulations!! I am so happy for you two. Life is to be lived. Love her...enjoy her!! And don't forget us keep us posted. Diane

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.