Depressed and very anxious please help

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi guys. Long story short I'm so depressed and anxious I'm considering taking my own life. I'm on 50mg of sertraline and after a week I feel 100x worse. I'm been through this before as I was on them last year and the same happened. I'm 48 years old and still live with my elderly frail parents. I have a decent job but always just go through the motions and have never challenged myself. My symptoms are very physical where I have a constant tight feeling a cross my head.l, ringing in the ears and general tension. I keep looking back on my life with regret and as I'm still in my childhood home I used to look in the mirror and feel very confident as I was told I was good looking. All I see now is a bald head and grey hairs on my face and look very old. I feel guilty about how vain I was. I do hope to get a little reply from someone just to let me know someone is out there to help and take it from there. God bless

2 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I felt the same way 50mg mightnot be enough i changed to 100mg and my life changed. my tightness in my chest is gone. You have so much to offer Im sure!

Taking your life will just hurt all the people who love you here. Go to your dr and up your meds and speak woth someone please right away. Life is worth living!!!!!!!!! 

• Posted

Thanks Rachel will definitely try 100. Can you confirm it did make you worse initially and how long for? Thank you x
    • Posted

yes!! 100 helped me tremendously and it worked quickly. DO NOT GIVE UP!

I thought I would never smile again or always feel like my chest was tight and I couldnt breateh. Now I feel normal and can cope . Please up the dose or sometime sa new pill helps. But setraline has been great to me. GOOD LUCK!

• Posted

Hello Alan,

Have you had your interview yet? How did it go? How is your mother doing? I hope she is either out of hospital or being well cared for by the hospital staff.

I'm 48 years old, divorced 5 years ago, live on my own and reminisce often about my happier childhood years, full of potential. Life is essentially what you make it though, and how you cope with the things that happen to you. You are definitely NOT old and there is plenty of life still to be lived. Try to make a few plans so that you have things to look forward to and motivate you. Good luck my friend!

• Posted

Hi Digsby, thanks so much for getting in touch. Interview went well but didn't get the job. Had some positive feedback though. Mum is out of hospital and seems to be back to her old self. It's frustrating but I just feel stuck. Im feeling tired all the time and have back and neck ache and general aches and pains. I can't seem to shake it off and feel I'm living in my head all the time and not moving on. Not sure if it's the Sertraline but am on a roller coaster at the moment. Mainly anxious and depressive thoughts. I'll speak to you again soon. Many thanks

• Posted

Thanks for the positive update. Take care mate :-)
  • Posted

I have the same thing. I get really depressed sometimes, but I always make myself happy. I do that by looking forward to things. If I have something fun to do within the next week or so, I look forward to it. I also just try to think happy thoughts.
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice Webcrest. I'll try to do that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.