Depressed for long..

Posted , 4 users are following.

I m in depression for a long time now...recently feeling really helpless  about the situation what should i do ..pls help

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ravi

tell us more, maybe we can help.

whats going on..

in what ways are you reaching out for help?

at least you are here and that is good!

kauaiblue

• Posted

Hi Ravi - sorry to read of your situation. Have you seen your doctor to discuss what is happening? That would be the first step if you have not already taken it. Meds may be prescribed to help even out your mood. Meds are a tool and are ideally used in conjunction with therapy - a psychologist or counsellor - where you can dig down to see if there are any underlying issues that explain your condition - i.e. a past traumatic event, childhood abuse etc. Also, do any other family members suffer from depression? There might be a genetic component to what you are feeling. There are avenues to help you deal with this - it's up to you to use them. Best of luck to you and we are always here to talk to.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.