Depressed getting worse

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi I have been on vensir225mg for over 2 years now and I am also on thyroid 50 mg for underactive .

I feel flat emotionally dont want to go out have to force myself to do things like go out see people , just back from a holiday 12 days in spain 8 of which I spent hiding away in the room and really had to wrench myself to go and be social with my partner n his friends .

I am aching all over and my weight has exploded to 26 st . l dont believe I over 3at yes i would binge eat but I really cant say its huge amounts of fast food or crisps chocolate etc.

I said to my Doctor and he said its because Im depressed . yes Im depressed and getting worse as Im getting fatter by the day .. What can I do before I end up in a wooden box ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hey hun, I know how u feel!! Iv upped my dosage of citalopram 4 weeks ago and doctors told me give it another 2 or 3 weeks to kick in an if no better go back... but I can relate to feeling flat like iv been feeling flat and num an it's so hard to push ya self going out an enjoying stuff when all we wanna do is be left alone!! I personally would recommend seeing ur doctor again an tell him/her proper how u feel an mabe do somthing with ya medication an do abit of therapy mabe (CBT) don't take my word for it! But if I was in it shoes that's what I would do!! I'm seeing mine in 3 weeks time for an review! Hopefully fingers crossed we both get better!! Good luck hun!! Xx

• Posted

thanks Lauren

I seem to be full of excuses I went to counselling and it made me 10 times worse going over all the crap that has been my life this far . I went for 5 out of 6 sessions it just wasnt for me.

I was then sent to a M H nurse to rate me and I got a letter saying I wasnt suitable for the mental health team ... It made me feel so low that my demons are mine alone . They said the vensir is best treatment as I have weight issues otherwise I too fat and they dont want to be bothered. That sounds like a woe is me its not its how I see what there saying Im really not worth the botheration 😱😨😰

Anyway I shall go back n see Gp see if he can do something to help xxx Thanks though for your responce x

• Posted

Shiela

If you keep eating and put on weight that will affect your confidence, and stop you mixing with others.

Over the years I have suffered a massive increase in my weight, although now I seem to be loosing weight.

Consider talking to your GP to discuss Therapy (CBT). Also consider asking your GP to see their dietician.

Both should be able to help you move on in a positive way

BOB

• Posted

thanks for your comment Bob .

I am at my wits end and there seems to be no hope in sight. As I am far to sore to walk any meaningful distances never mind doing any other exercise. I have been to swimming pool and have hurt my collar bone joint in the shoulder . The water does help the mobility in the legs and lower back .

I tend to eat home made food from scratch . Think its portion control I need schooled in.

Any way here's hoping I start loosening the weight now instead of my mind lol x

• Posted

hi sheila, easier said than done but you're overeating due to emotion, so what is driving that emotion? you need to maybe do some digging and find out what is doing this! i wish you luck, mine for instance was my physical health, before that when i was awful it was due to assault. it's a tough road but you are strong and can do this!!!

• Posted

Hi I wonder if your thyroid meds need adjusting as this can make you put on weight and als0 very hard to lose it. x

• Posted

I've suffered from depression for many years now and never said anything about it to my doctor or parents. My doctor is a naturopathic doctor, which basically means he looks into more natural remedies/cures/causes of things. About a year ago he tested my iron levels and said considering how low they are I should be experiencing severe depression. I never told him about my depression- but he said theres a lot of evidence that iron supplements can help someone's depression a lot if they are low on iron! If you have an iron deficiency I would recommend taking some iron supplements 😃 Also finding some yummy & healthy foods to eat will make you feel better inside & out!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.