depressed in va

Posted , 5 users are following.

off of venafaxaline 3 months.still depression.on prozac to help with thewithdrawls.been on prozac 23 days and still feeling depressed.does any one know how long it takes prozac to work........

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Its quite slow I'm affair I'm on week 6 and its just starting to get better but still got anxiety sad long road I believe its slower then most ssri's x 
  • Posted

Dear melissa,

It depends on your particular chemistry, some people just do not respond to certain drugs, we are all different.

I have IBS I respond to buscopan but I do not respond to mebeverine or colpermin.

You must make another appointment to see your GP and tell him what is happening. He will be able to offer you an alternative drug to take, if he does not ask to see another GP.

Remember, you always have options.

I hope they find you a solution to your problem soon.

Please let us know how you get on.

Don't try to tell the GP what drug you should be taking as they get funny about that.

Best wishes

robert

• Posted

HiMelissa

You should be over the worst. 3 to 6 weeks for prozac to work I understand. Prozac has saved my life so hang in there. I hope you feel much better soon.

Hugs xxx

• Posted

I think at 6 1/2 weeks my depression is better apart from dipps in the mornings. The anxiety is there but not as bad. My only problem is feeling not quite with it, disconnected with myself and others. Maybe just the anxiety maybe the meds are don't know sad hope soon I'll be me again x 
  • Posted

If you have been taking prozac for a while and it is not working, you might want to talk to your doctor about other meds you can take or additional meds you can take along with prozac. 

Everyone is different which means there is no such things as one type of medication that works for everyone.  Ask your doctor about other forms of medications or maybe increasing the dosage. 

Also try more natural forms to alleviate your depression symptoms.  Exercise for at least 5 days a week for 30 minutes, go for walks, do volunteer work, find a hobby that you would enjoy. All of these can help alleviate depression symptoms in additon to taking your medications.

Happy Holidays!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.