Depressed or not

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi posting here as im not to sure if im depressed or not, seen my gp today and told her how i was feeling, very overwhelmed with everything at the moment, i thought my mood was low and i could drive faraway to escape, gp says im being very negative and should focus on positive thoughts instead, im not sure where i go now as it seems theres no help for me.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If you are depress your GP probably is not the best person to see. You should see a Psychologist who can make the correct diagnose and follow it from there. 
  • Posted

hello Rose, have things improved at all? how are u feeling? the sense of being overwhelmed is very common for those of us dealing with depression. do u have any support from family or friends? can u prioritise the things in your life so they don't seem as overwhelming? please take care of your health & be compassionate towards yourself. keep in touch with the forum & let us know how you are. with very best wishes x

• Posted

Ask to see another gp, yours obviously doesn't understand. I said to my doctor if you hear me bang on your door you know i need help, she helped!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.