Depressed state

Posted , 5 users are following.

After 22 years of living with my granddaughter on Sunday she is moving away and going 22 miles away. I am devastated cannot eat only drink tea cannot sit down for more than a few minutes. I feel there is a knife turning in my chest. I will see her again hopefully several times a year but in the meantime I feel so desperate. I am 72 years old married but my husband is a cold uncaring man with no emotions.

4 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hello. Is there a reason you can go see her every day? She's only 22 miles away!! You will find a way if there's a will. Good luck and remind your granddaughter to visit you half the time too.

• Posted

Is there a possibility that your granddaughter could set up webcam , skype on your computer so you can still have that contact , it is a shame your husband could not be more understanding unless he is hiding his feelings ? 
  • Posted

God bless you juliette im struggling as well just now for different reasons and i was doing so well. U sound like i am just now full of anxiety. Xxx its hard to have no support either kp talking on here if it helps. Im sure ur grandaughter will miss u too. Try get to see each other as much as poss xx
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply even worse when you know you are being stupid but at the moment the heartache is very real
    • Posted

Aww bless my mum has moved back to where she grew up too. From uk to scotland. Its v hard. Yr not being silly. Its as real as diabetes heart disease anything physical. Its hard to bear xxx hugs to u xx
    • Posted

Just threw myself into work. Kept busy xx and short term diazepam. Very hard to come by from gps unless yr an ex addict xxx that and one of the nicest drs ive ever met. Total credit to her profession. Wants me well & has rang me at home when i was an appt no show to check i was ok how nice.. They dont come much better xx

• Posted

Unfortunately she is terrible at keeping in touch with everyone. I message her and leave messages on her phone, she says she will get back but doesn't. Of course I am 72 and she is 22 such a big gap and she does not understand how I am feeling and what I am going through. I would like to travel down to see her at easter for a couple of nights staying in a hotel, but I am worried about putting pressure on her.

How are you coping now.if I was younger and worked it would keep my mind occupied but not possible at my age.

• Posted

Oh bless u i understand xx its diff for u. But i think if yr staying in a hotel its a visit with no pressure rather than staying with family xxxx im finding it hsrd to cope without diazepam xx
  • Posted

dear juliette, knowing you are feeling much heartache makes me sad. it does feel like a knife in the chest indeed. this will be a tough period of adjustment for you. and i know she hasn't even left yet....but in time, i promise it'll get better. but in the meantime, you need to take good care of yourself. you need to eat and drink more than just tea. it's hard to do at this moment, but you will feel better when your body is taken care of. and maybe you can try some warm milk right before bedtime to get much needed sleep. so sorry this is such a huge stressfull change in your life. but you aren't alone. many of us face the same loss when a family member leaves the home. and it's always your favorite loved one moving out...not the distant partner who's not helping much. you'll be in my prayers today. just be good to yourself in the days coming. reach out to family and friends that could cheer you up and give you support. and i know you will be proud of, and wish the best for your grandaughter. she'll miss you too! please feel better

• Posted

Thank you Laura, I will go out for a walk later always helps to get out of the house. Jessica, sadly, is going tomorrow so I am dreading that day coming, I am going to store her stuff in my loft
    • Posted

Aww likewise. Sorry for delays in between messages got ppl here this weekend xx ♡

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.