Depressed what do I do ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been depressed for a long time and am feeling lost

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi

i can say that most under-depression feel lost just exactly the way you feels it that how being depressed is all about.The best thing about it and the only way you can save yourself from such a feeling is being open to whoever you trust most and seeking medical attention you Win this fight we can all win this fight with proper guidance and support from the loved one

• Posted

Hi senior a week ago I'd of disagreed with you and said no nobyou don't open yourself to anyone ever it leaves you open to attack

However someone has come along and knocked me on my butt ive hidden parts of myself away from everyone in my past my posts have always said no you don't trust anyway they will hurt you it's just a matter of time I'm not a stupid person not some one that chases or indulges in fantasy I'm strict level headed over think things look for flaws in ppl I do it it's part of my condition

Wow ya know what I don't feel like that at all I know a deep know this person couldn't or wouldn't hurt me every it would hurt them as much your right your advice is spot on you need to trust not everyone no but you need to find that one person that you know you would never hurt and would never hurt you that someone your totally at peace with

• Posted

Hi Julie. Ive had anxiety for a long time but only recently experienced depression and had no clue what to do or how i was ever going to come through it. Couldnt sleep, eat, think, just like a robot going through the motions hour to hour, hoping it will pass at any minute. Ive gardened for 2 days, joined this forum which im finding very helpful as i dont feel so alone and 'weird'. Keep talking, keep eating, keep getting up each day. x

• Posted

Hi there

Yes I feel exactly the same and mine started with anxiety too

It's horrible just don't feel myself and I'm hoping talking on here will help

Feel so alone

• Posted

Has anyting started it? any change in meds, routine, something ahppened? i came off codeine after 21 years and wham! xx the brain is a very clever little thing so remember it needs occupying, when the dark cloud is overhead and all those weird thoughts appear, find something to do. Hot bath, gardening, walking, ironing, chatting on here, music on you tube. ANYTHING xx
  • Posted

Hi,Julie I am feeling the same ,suffering with anxiety,panic attack she,and no lately even depression,have been taking Effexor for many years,now is. Ot helping.

I have only a family doctor and for many years ,I asked to find me a psychiatrist but none ,she said they are not too many,My life has been very bad this year. 

I am starting to hate myself,because I have no more L su to do nothing.

Why is no medicine out there for depression .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.