Depression!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Depression is like your brain is incarcerated!  When you break free of the depression, the freedom feels like a bird with an open cage.  Depression cannot last forever, only if you give in to it.  Take control, take the meds that work for you, move your body and be kind in your diet.  Have a good vitamine regime that works for you = there is alot of info. on the internet, look things up and don't wallow in your despair.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Im sam and i am a 24 year old male from the south west of england (torbay) back in August I split up with my partner of 9 years which left me overwhelmed with anxiety my wildest dreams. By the time September I was in a terrible place and every day was a constant struggle and I honestly wanted to die. Things got even worse when I started taking citalopram 20mg. As the insomnia it gave me tipped me over the edge that's when the mental health crisis team got involved. Came to my house and told me I am just suffering with extreme anxiety. Cut an extremely long story short me and my partner got back together in November and guess what the anxiety was/Is still there. Not as bad I'll admit but some symptoms like rumination and mild OCD are actually worse. The sooner we realise that circumstances in life only make our anxiety worse. Doesn't mean it is the cause of our anxiety . We are anxious people and we need help with that. That's all! I am now taking sertraline 50mg have been for just over 2 weeks. Feeling a neck of a lot better. Getting back to the gym. Back to work and nearly enjoying life! Chin up peeps. Easy for me to say now I know.

• Posted

Many people who have depreesion have different causes, so it is impossible to to say a treatment for one person is not for another.

Yes you can put your definition of depression is cured as above, although that what you have explained would not work for others

• Posted

I am not saying this would work for everyone as we are all different.  Its strictly between you and your doctor.  But, also it is patient beware.  You have to arm yourself with some self diagnosis and knowledge and to be forthright with your doctor at your appointments.  I am just throwing out there things that have worked for me.
  • Posted

I've always just put my low mood and general feeling of upset daily down to just me, that's how I am, my personality etc

I've had feelings like this for as long as I remember, glass always half empty, feeling like everything is always going wrong or going to go wrong. I've been with my husband for 4 years, I've slowly pushed him away over the last 2 in particular. I've never told him about my feelings, I've never told anyone. We are on the brink of splitting even though I love him but my uncaring unloving behaviour has made him believe I don't love him, and i know if he was honest with me he would say he's fallen a bit out of love with me too. I went to the GP this morning to tell her how I felt, all my suicidal thoughts, the fact it's been there as long as I can remember, I think about dying a lot, but I doubt I would actually do it. I've been prescribed 50ml seratine or whatever it's called, go back to the GP in 2 weeks for a review. I really don't want my marriage to end and I'm really praying that this drug gives my husband back the women he fell in love with, because I've felt so down we've only had sex twice in the last 12 months, I'm 27 he's 32 and I know we can't go on like this. I just hope I change in time before I really do lose everything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.