depression

Posted , 7 users are following.

i am om mirtazapine and having  suicidal thought and am worried

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie,

Can I ask how long you've been on it for?

It's quite common to have these tendecies early on with administration, usaully these thoughts go away after 4 weeks.

I have been on mirtazipine for over a year now, and had similar experiences early on. 

Please just remind yourself that this is actually quite normal, and will go within 4 weeks.

If symptoms persist for longer, I would strongly suggest an appointment with your doctor.

• Posted

hi rob..i have been on these for over a year now! but increased a few months back ..i think i need to come off these..thanks for replying..when i wake i feel very low not every day but more so than less 
  • Posted

Hi Julie, it is important for you to connect with someone just now. Could be via your GP or Samaritans folks. (Google has their contact phone number). Talking about it will help you, I know.
    • Posted

hi david . thank you for replying i have called the doctor they are due to call me back soon..i have been to see my councillor this morning and they also advised this..now waiting on what doctor as to say..i want off this drug suffered to long in silence
  • Posted

hi julie i to have been on mirtazapine now for 10 months in that time it has been upped to 45mg still feel like sh*t so low. my psyciatrist surgested i start fluoxetine first i have to lower my dose 1 week at 30 mg then 1 week at 15 and add 20 mg of fluoxetine. week 3 no mirtazapine  continue the 20mg of fluoxetine for another 6 weeks untill i see my psyciatrist. its a very hard drug to be on when you still feel so bad......
  • Posted

Julie,

I have been on Mirtazapine (Remeron) since 1997. I was started out on 30 mg. and after about 5 months my dr raised it to 45 mg. I was put on several different drugs first and none of them helped at all. I do remember one of the drugs they tried me on was called Trazodone and that drug was suppose to help me sleep and help with my anxiety.  Needless to say it did neither. I felt a lot worse on it then before.  Mirtazapine took about 8-10 weeks to notice a difference in my mood. I was also taking Buspar along with it for my anxiety. I was on Buspar for about 2 yrs and then decided to stop taking it and see how I felt. I've been off it ever since. But I've stuck with the Remeron because I've had several health issues that I feel I could easily slide back into a depression. So I guess I'm not willing to feel that way ever again. Sorry..I've made this post a lot longer then I meant for it to be. I guess what I want to let you know is.. not every drug works for everyone and how long it takes for them to start working is different too. But know that its just a matter of time till you find what works for you and soon you'll be feeling better.  I know it's hard to wait because when you're depressed you would give just about anything to just feel better. Just keep the lines of communication open with your dr and if you feel you need help asap then let them know..or a family member or a friend. You're mental well being is very important because it also effects your physical well being too. Good luck and stay strong! I pray you feel better soon. I'm here if you ever need to talk.. take care! 

• Posted

You need to call your doctor pronto.....just call and go in and tell them..no one should have these feeling while on this medication with out adressing it with proffessionals

💙💜💚

let me know how you are doing!

• Posted

Don't worry I had those too. I know the pain seems real and heartache goes on.

but it does get better. What or who can make you feel hopeful. Whether family

partner or pet. I'm keeping myself safe for my family as they need me. I'm just hoping things will improve as they will for you. 

Something must have triggered off this depression and thoughts you have at the moment. Take one day at a time one hour at a time be good to yourself, make a nice cup of tea and have something nice to eat. 

I feel really sad at the moment as cannot pick myself up.  Please see doctor they are there to help will find a path for you with light at the end of the tunnel. Wish you well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.