depression

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive had depression since i was 13, due to abuse , physically and sexually, i then got into abusive relationship, he beat me realy bad manged to get away when i was 19 having met him as id jus turned 16 , its just been 1 bad thing after another for me, im not 34, and my life is still no better, i had a baby boy last xmas he was born still, im still not coping with this and it seems its the icing on the cake, ive lost all hope and have no fight in me anymore, if there was a pill i could take just to stop all this pain i wish i could, im so desperate and anti depressants dont help me whatsoever, im stuck and dont know vhow much more i can take

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sara, I am sorry to hear your suffering so much in your life. I think maybe you have post natal depression and because of all the other abuse you have suffered it as made things worse for you. I feel you need Counselling or talking therapies. I have had both and have found them to be a great help. It is confidential and non judgemental. There are also services for people abused in childhood. Please ask your GP for specilised services, they may have waiting lists so get on them asap. I hope you truly get the help you deserve. Keep with this forum too as people can be supportive. Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

thankyou elizabeth20203 i have thought about post natal depression too, but for some reason cos i have no baby to show for that i have put it straight out of my mind, because i havent been thinking straight and have been feeling really low, and i know it is silly because when im thinking straight it does make sense too that i could be suffering that too, i think its just a build up of everything and im always bottling things up and that bottle is just overflowing now, i am feeling a little better today, but not sure how long that will last, ive just started bereavement counsellin, but ive only had like 3 apointments so far, and ive been on anti depressants for years on and off just doesnt seem to help, but i am going back to my doctors tomorrow to see what other help i can get, and thanks again for your reply
    • Posted

Hello Sara, I am sorry for the loss of your baby, but the fact your baby died does not mean you cannot have post natal depression, it maybe more so because your baby died. I hope you do see your GP tomorrow and get the help you need.

Best wishes.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

pregnany and birth mess up your hormones, and this is why you most likely do have a form of this depression, dear sara
  • Posted

You poor thing. It is heartbreaking all the crap you have been through. Please talk to your doc about postpartum depression .....poor thing, wow I can't imagine how bad you must be feeling. sad

Please please please try to find a doctor or pychiatrist that you like, please don't give up hope sara

I am going to send you a private message from my Oracle Cards if you care to read it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.