depression

Posted , 5 users are following.

How can it be that I live in with my family hubby & children yet I feel so lonely and sad .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Depression is a lonely illness unfortunately.  But in my case I hate living alone, that I find really hard. 

Depressioin isolates us from the real world.  We live in a bubble of our own making. 

• Posted

I have a family and like you feel depress.  I feel so isolated and lonely. Life has been tough ever since I've been a child and its no better now.  I look at people around me and they seem happy, getting on with  life. Nothing ever good happens to me. When I try to do things to make myself happy, something always happens that sets me back.  I just seem to have bad luck that follows me.

My husband tells me that some people are unfortunate in life and I'm one of them.  I know he doesn't mean it in a bad way, but he has also notice that I seem to have bad luck.

• Posted

Oh Michelle, as others have said, depression is such an isolating illness.  I have a loving partner about who I feel guilty the whole time because I'm often difficult and withdrawn.  I sink into my own head and feel like it's the loneliest space on earth.  I wake up sad, I forget it for a few hours then it comes back with a vengeance.  He tries to understand and tries to be helpful and suggest things to do to cheer me up but in the strangest way the depression and sadness are a safe retreat, giving me the excuse not to do anything outside my comfort zone.  I really believe if I could find a way to unlock the doors in my head I'd live in the outside world and not inside the tight confines of the space in my mind where my sadness lies.  Have you tried counselling?  It can be very effective in getting your mind unlocked and move it away from the sad place into the everyday life that in reality is going on around us.  I wish you luck hon xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.