Depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

Morning Julie here still feel very low today had a few tears when I got up I am waiting to see a therapist as the gp has requested so I am on the waiting list its very hard when you get those thoughts in your mind keep coming and going and you feel very lonely and you have no one to talk to I am at work today but on my own apart from the boss is to xx

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

I admire that you can work.  I had so much time off when I was working (retired now) and eventually lost my job, so well done.  Be proud you are managing to go to work each day.  At least you get out.

I hate being by myself at home.  I have taken on a voluntary job.  I also do9 senior citizen classes.  I try to keep myself occupied. 

I hope you do not have to wait too long to see a therapist, and that it helps you. 

You say you have no one to talk to.  Do you live alone like me?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Anne I live with my partner but he works so don't see much of each other during the day so on my own for the rest of the day as I only work 3 hours in the morning I have had quiet a few days off work due to me being this way I have had a few other problems and it's getting me down I am at work at the monment and I am feeling very low so I am sitting hidding my job is cleaning offices and its very lonely when you are the only one in w goth the boss I wish I was at home today xxx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Just want to say WELL DONE for getting yourself into work, thats a big plus to you,

I know what your going through with the obsessive thoughts, very hard to get out from the loop,

there's always someone one here to talk to,I've found them very understanding people that have been / are going through, the same feelings.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Julie, you're not alone. We're all here and we all know how it feels to be in your place. Hang in and these feelings will pass. I'm glad you're seeing a therapist. In the meantime, do something good for yourself... I'm sure you deserve it.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up