Depression

Posted , 5 users are following.

Julie here today I feel like crap why does the depression do this my mind doesn't seem to want to work today it's all over the place today my energy is very low and I feel tired I keep thinking that there is something not right . Just wish I could be myself again the depression is just makes everything seen dark xx

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie

I totally relate to that I'm feeling just the same. I feel like there is something elso wrong with me I feel so sick got no appetite or energy to even move. I'm supposed to be working but just can't and its causing me so much stress as I'm desperate for money I don't have a penny and don't get sick pay as self employed. This illness just causes so many problems

• Posted

Hey there Julie. I am so sorry you are feeling very down again.  I know just how you feel.  Thank goodness we have this site to come to.  Makes us feel less alone, and we know other people here have been through the same. 

Depression really does take everything away from us.  I have been as low as low can be, and lost a lot because of the illness.  Somehow after all the years I have had depression I battle on.  Let me give you some hope.  I was on anti depressants for over 20 years.  I stopped them over a year ago as my doctor suggested I try to see if I could manage without.  Now I never thought I would ever do without medication, but do you know I am pleased to say I am coping.  I am a little old lady, and depression did all the things to me it is doing to you now.  But I am doing pretty well really. 

Just want to say you will not feel the way you do now for ever.  Yes you will have ups and downs, but it will get better over time.  Honestly.

Now you take care and battle on.  Don't let the depression win. 

• Posted

I totally understand how you feel I have spend the last year trying to fight panic attacks anxiety telling myself m not depressed refusing to take the tablets the Dr has prescribed but after spending so much time in bed feeling like I want to die I am finally giving in and going to start sertraline 50 mg a day I'm so scared I hate taking tablets I hope you feel better soon 
  • Posted

Hi Julie,

I've been there. Depressions not just feeling depressed, but confussed and cloudy too. Well was for me anyway. It will get better, gradually when you start to get better, your brain and alertness, will come back too. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.