depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

i need help guys. i really do. i cant do this anymore, i really cant, just want things to go my way for once, ive had a tough life so far anyway but all this stuff that is happening at the moment is just to much for me now.

can anyone pls give me some advice to help me get through this.

i .... i just cant do this anymore!!!!

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Most of us haven't had good life's and half of us can relate to each other which I'd a good thing but I know exactly how your feeling because I feel the same at the minute and last night I was so close to ending it but think between all them bad times all the bad memories they was good they will come again things will get better and I'm sure they will be bad times to come again but not like before all I do is focus on the past and the present hasn't been too kind either but you are strong you got through all of them bad times then you will get through this now as I don't know exactly what's going going on in your life but remember they is always somebody going through similar xx
    • Posted

its just girlfriend is being all over sensitive and controlling and needy and i need my space, i need my own time, she wants to see me constantly and i do love her for that and i love her anyway i justa cant do this anymore, i have given everything to her i have and she thinks i dont care about her and i just dont know what to do anymore, im so close to ending it but i dont know what to do now, i just give up, i honestly do just give up
    • Posted

It's funny because to somebody without depression that would not seem like a big thing at all athough what's been getting me feeling like this is my boyfriend he's been opposite one minute he's looking out for me and been supportive the next he's telling me I'm. Crazy we all have relationship problem and when we have depression I think they come out so much worse then what they acually are I would try to sleep hun I know it's difficult and you probably can't sleep straight away but try your best to think things through I don't know what stopped me last night but realising your not alone it will get better xx
    • Posted

it doesn though

ive slept 2 hrs in he last 48hrs i cant get to sleep, i just cant, im at the breaking point and i just need something to help me along through this

• Posted

If you need somebody to talk to you can always private message me and I will listen and try to help nobody understands me either just if you need help I find its always best to talk to somebody you don't know that's how I feel anyways xx
    • Posted

i just dont know anymore

i dont know what to do

• Posted

This has been going on for almost a year but I was always afraid to ask if he was depressed and thought he is just down.

Then in August he thought he was in love with a woman who talked to at our gate. She was just seeing how far he would go (she has said this). He announced he was leaving after 32 years, then decided he would stay.

Of course things were tense for a while but i thought they were almost fixed. 

Then he announced he was numb and didn't have any feelings for anyone, myself , children , family etc.

He can't be bothered doing anything and he was always great at gardening, decorating etc.

He can't sleep. feels low and seems to blame me for everything. When he sleeps he jumps about all night. no interest in sex. Feels he has done nothing with his life due to me. 

In 32 years he can only remember bad times no good times.

He won't go for any help (theres nothing wrong with him)

I have lost over 2 stone in weight and can't keep food down I am so worried. This makes him feel bad but he needs help.

Please Please send me advise, I am at my wits end and have no one to turn to

• Posted

Last night he was leaving at 3 in the morning. He has told his Mother he is worried about my health. I am like this because I have been through hell.

I am sure his numb feelings (his words) are depression 

• Posted

Roobats

you feel terrible now, but that will not always be the case. It is incredibly difficult, but you have to ride it out. Trust me, i know. Are you getting any support or treatment? 

You are in a bad place, but you are a worthwhile person, please get help. The Samaritans are brill by the way.

big hugs

• Posted

no help, ive just helped meself through it in the past but i cant keep doing that anymore, it will always be the case, my worl is falling apart and there is nothing i can hold onto, im drowning i cant do this any more

im not worth anything, i have nothing left

• Posted

Roobats you can't go through this on your own. I beg you to get help. Go to the GP, get referred for counselling, call the Samaritans, tell a friend, or all of the above. 

You are in a bad place, but you CAN get better, seriously.

please let me know how you get on

• Posted

ive tried counselling before but i just made me worse, i try telling friends but they dont understand, ive tried telling people in the past but they stab me in the back by telling the world, i dont, wont, cant get through this, i not gonna anymore be able to 
  • Posted

Go and see a GP asap, you need some treatment, even short term sleeping tabs may help. 
  • Posted

Shane is right - you're at desperation point and that isn't something you can just 'man up' about and shake off, you need some professional help.  Go see your GP.  I caved in when things got to a point of hell and even broke down in floods of tears in my GP surgery and on the way back out to the waiting room, the latter flood was [u]relief [/u] that I'd finally managed to tell someone how desperate and hopeless I felt - it really really helped even before taking any meds etc., just letting it all out felt cleansing.  Please go talk to your doctor, it won't be new or odd or strange to them, they see our problems all the time.  It WILL help you get through this horrible time.
    • Posted

okay, ill go see them, ill tell you how it goes on rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.