Depression

Posted , 3 users are following.

OK so I have suffered with depression for years but recently it has gotten a lot worse, I am not on any medication because they would react to my neuralgia medication. I want to go and speak to my doctor about it but don't want to wait till next week, my suicidal thoughts are getting worse, what can I do?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hiya missy cheesygrin

if things get too bad you can go straight to A and E at your local hospital where a duty psychiatrist will see you to assess your needs, he can also prescribe meds for you, you can go any time of the day or night biggrin

also if you have a crisis intervention team in the area you can contact them, you can find out if theres one in your area by visiting your local council website.

keep talking on here it really does help, take care missy,

cheers,

Ken ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

cheesygrin cheesygrin cheesygrin

• Posted

Well guys I'm now full of flu and guess what... for the first time since January 27th 2011 My amazing doctor has let me down sad. She hasn't contacted me and I don't really want to go into the hospital because I'm not one for wasting NHS money as stupid as I am lol. They have to be really careful what meds they put me on because of my Neuralgia medication sad I cannot believe this is happening to me... I guess my doctor isint as fantastic as i thought she was and its killing me to say this :'(

Danii

• Posted

She phoned me just after 8 and was completely amazing, I can't thank you guys or her enough for the support, she has helped me loads and we gonna have a proper chat on Wednesday once my flu has cleared up a little, I can't wait :D
  • Posted

Aww bless :[ , take care, hope you get sorted out smile
  • Posted

Hope you get sorted I'm in a simiar situation only my doctors has nearly 60,000 on its books in 3 surgeries in the area so getting to see my own doctor who knows my history is near impossible. I suffer from suicidal thoughts and am only now getting help after a failed attempt, I felt so embarrassed after but it was not long before the thoughts came back! Started on new meds so hopefully things will start picking up. Its not easy :-(

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.