Depression

Posted , 6 users are following.

Anyone feeling depressed ?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah

I am 5 weeks post abdominal hysterectomy and I can honestly say I've had a meltdown nearly every day since my op...and I still have my ovaries! It's a stressful time on the body and mind. I'm going to see a counsellor next week. I hope you are feeling better soon. There has to be a light at the end of this tunnel!

😊

• Posted

Hi Kath

Thank you! I am 8 weeks post op TLH and ovaries removed , I have been fine but thas past week I have been so depressed and mow energy it's horrible :-( I feel like am alone and no one understands how I feel :-( I know I'll get better but it's not fine at all xxx

• Posted

Hi sarah, I'm just over 6 weeks abdominal hysterectomy and kept my ovaries.......I can honestly say I don't think anyone can prepare you for all of this......i try so hard everyday to stay positive so that I'm not all miserable when my hubby comes in from work, thinking of things to say that does not involve vaginas, pain, bowels or incisions!!! .....and it's bloody hard!!, most days I want to have a little cry, I'm fed up thinking today is going to be better...and knowing I'm going to finish the day on thesofa  with my big pants back on and wincing......I don't class myself as depressed but I know it's an effort to keep on top of myself, I could easily spiral!!! It's hard to know what's " normal" ... Today I've been out in the car shopping with my husband for about a hour, came home  and have done some light dusting and now I'm on the sofa knowing I'm going to have yo take some painkillers soon......my emotions are all over the place..........don't feel alone xxx
  • Posted

Hi Sarah i am 8 wks post op TAH on monday. I wenr gp last wed and she started me on low dose antidepressant. I am still not sleeping properly at night . I got pain on left side. She is sending me for bloods and see her again in a few weeks. I geel tired all the time . Hair and skin gone really dry. I taking seven seas for woman. Just feel really low and down .
    • Posted

Hi mega moon

Me too it's horribje , am hoping to start HRT low does that will help . Iv no energy at all and I could lye in bed all day . I hope u feel better soon xxxxx

• Posted

Thanks Sarah its good to know we are all in the same boot . Sometimes it does feel like your iwn family cant understand the way u r feeling. All the pain meds have upset my reflux. So gp investigating me for coeliac disease. The tiredness is unbeliveable. I hope u feel better soon aswell. Big hugs xxx
    • Posted

I had the same as you 17 weeks post op. I was just the same I did try tow lots of hrt which I felt did nothing but I needed to wait but I just wonted to feel better. I am double dose of antidepressants and feel so much better in my self I felt like ending everything. Iam still very sore in my left side ans lower left back pain but Iam seeing another docter because they think it's my bladder. Hope you get sorted out soon. Tc xx
    • Posted

Thanks sam. It is so good to know there are others in the same boat. Xxx
    • Posted

Your welcome we are all in this together. Let's hope by 6 months we was glad ww had it done 😘

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.