depression 4 years scared frighten lost

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi for  almost  4 years  now  I have been  ill with what doctors  say is depression    but I am not sure  I think its   more  .  My  ex partner  of 20years   finish   with me  I  also  lost my  home, my  job ,and a lot of  friends .  it  has  stop me  living  because  now  everything is look at  i see the past  and the past  all what I lost which was my world  is on my mind 24/7  I am  now  struggling to get by  each day  I can not cope  I still want to live  but  can't live without my past  I feel  alone  scared  frighten  that  I won't  be able  to go on  I am a man  in is  50s  but  feel like a little boy  I have been living  back at my parents   which is hard for all of us  I have a chance to  go stay with  best mate  if I can  beat  some of this illness. Which doctors say is depression? Do  any  one  relate to my  problem.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nige. Yes I can relate to having depression that steals your happiness and your ability to function well in the world. As I read your email one thing kept running through my mind. Has a psychiatrist or counselor ever mentioned you possibly being bipolar? Have you had therapy. I have and it changed my life but it is not a fast fix it takes time. And now while you are living with your parents might be a good time to try it. What do you think it? Diane
    • Posted

Hi Diane  thanks  for your reply  no one told me it might be biplar  it's funny cos someone I know got biplar  but they don't  think  or live in the past  like me I just can't   move on  because I just can't not cope  . Thanks  again  nige

• Posted

Hi Diane  me again  did you ever  think all  the time  about your   past  even  looking at things   .regards nige
    • Posted

Yes I have spent a lot of time thinking about mistakes that I think that I have made in my past but with counseling and meds I am much better and stay busy thinking about today and some about the future. Diane
    • Posted

Yes I too think about all my past mistakes so many I think we do all do that perhaps we are more honest than others 

So hard to put past behind 

I am 69 and wish I could move on 

Do feel afraid most days 

1.42 am and again can’t sleep 

• Posted

Hi carol   thanks for your reply   the trouble  with me is  I can't live without my past   I feel so lonely  hate each day  I want to  still live  but can't cope   with the life i have now  it's a nightmare  24/7   my ex partner and life is on my mind  I have one best mate  that I have a chance to go and stay with but I am scared  too because  I know that I will be thinking of the past  and won't go out  just stay in  which is not right on him  but I have been staying with my parents  and it's  hard  now  to stay here   .

• Posted

Yes I feel exactly as you 

You are not alone 

Please read about me 

• Posted

Hi carol    also  4 years  is a very long time  to still  miss my past   experience partner  and the life I had  and not be able to move on  must be more than depression wrong with me but doctors say  it is depression  . Nige

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.