depression

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been taken of citalopram and put onto mirtazopine, ,I feel terrible just now can anyone help, I blow up at the slightest thing and I'm so angry

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Harleysmamma. Citalopram didn't work for me so after a week my GP gave me Mirtazapine, a low dose. It worked after about three days: my anxiety levels fell. She increased the dose, and after eighteen months I am now taking 45 mg, and some Pregabalin. I think they're working. Fingers crosssed that it will soon kick in for you: best of luck.
  • Posted

Oh I so wish I could help you. I was changed over 4 weeks ago, I can honestly say lm worse depression wise, yes any tiny things I lost my rag. I hope you have better luck than me. I had a week between stopping citalopram and starting mirt I currently on 30mg due to be reviewed tomorrow sometime I hope. Good luck. Xx
  • Posted

Hi

I too switched from Citalopram to Mirt.

I'm wondering if you withdrew from  Citalopram over a period of time or just stopped?  

I withdrew from Mirt over 4 weeks whilst starting on Mirt'.  You might not know what you are struggling with, the wd from Cit' or the affects of newly intro to Mirt.  

Which-ever, Mirt' has a side effect of anger, monitor it and if it gets too much go back to doctor, DON'T SUDDENLY STOP Mirt' but look on here as to how to wd when the time comes.  If I can help giver me a nudge, or look on "Withdrawing from Mirt" on other discussions.

Hope this helps, wishing you well 

• Posted

I took a reduced dose of citalopram for a week then miss a day then start mirtazopan.

But in the 1 week that I've been on it I've gained 7 pounds in weight, my anger has gotten so bad I can't stay out long, it's been horrendous

• Posted

Hiya, You are not alone! I was on citalopram then sertraline and now am on mirtazapine. First month 15mg now am on 30mg. My moods have been terrible and like you I blow up at the slightest thing. I have been prescribed diazepam 5mg for the bad days when the anxiety is worse. My doc says things will get better as mirtazapine are a really good tablet. So here's hoping. Speak to your doc again and see what they say. Good luck

• Posted

I just do not feel any better at all. If anything I feel worse feeling wise.

My anger is so bad my dog who is my baby is terrified to come near me, I've broke numerous plates mugs etc, it's not even an anger but more a rage that I can't control

• Posted

Oh and I've been on citalopram for over 10years

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.