Depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

My medication was increased from 10mg to 20mg about three days ago . I posted here yesterday saying I was having a bad day well today is even worse I don't think I can get any lower than this. I have been awake since 4.30am keep trying to get out of bed and get showered or have a conversation with my hubby but end up running back to bed where I feel safe. It's lovely and sunny outside but makes no difference to me. By increasing my med  the side effects are really kicking in like they did when I was first Put on citrolpram I feel ism going back not forwards please can anyone erasure me I'm going to get through this horrible dark tunnel

jean x 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hey Jean

citrolpram is an SSRI (I'm sure you're aware of that), and it takes some time for it to start to work correctly....expect you know that too.

In the meanwhile, try cutting yourself a break! Imagine you have suffered a head injury. The doctors can't give you any medication until they know exactly what injuries you've sustained. Until then, you have no choice than to feel the pain.

This is sorta like that; I'm sure as hell not saying 'suck it up', but I'm saying what you would say if that happened to your CHILD; 'it's okay...you'll be fine soon'. Give it time, Jean. Don't concentrate on it. Be still. Pray. Wait.

• Posted

Hi Jean

you will get there.  The side effects are pretty horrendous.  Not sure why these meds are so hard on us.  Meds that are suppose to make us feel better not worse.  It takes time for things to level out.  Some people are fortunate and feel the benefits right away others like us do not.  I am sorry we have to go through all this to feel better.  But I have been assured that things do get better.  Not sure if this is helpful.  Just try and be kind to yourself.  I know how hard it is.  Write back if you wish.  Vent away.  I have on many occasions.

lynda

• Posted

Hello lynda

thanks for caring it's good to have support,have you been down this road and survived or is it still ongoing with you.

jean x

• Posted

Hi Jean

yes it is still ongoing with me.  Some of the side effects have lessened.  Mornings are my toughest time.  I have periods when I feel better.  So that gives me hope.  Still do not have a lot of energy to engage with everyone.  So unusual for me.  I am a very social person and involved with my community but have withdrawn.  Lack of interest.  Be glad when I want to be out and doing.  It takes months before things level out.  So you have to be kind to yourself.  Hoping you have good support around you.

lynda

• Posted

Hi Jean. You will get through this dark time. You say that it feels like when you first started taking the meds. That passed eventually right? Do what you can, when you can. Be compassionate with yourself and son't expect too much. You are having a horrific time of it, but it WILL pass xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.