Depression

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a TURP done about 6 years ago and suffer from depression because of it. I had the inner part of my prostate cored out so I am able to pee again. I didn't have the prostate taken out, but had tissue taken out because I was retaining urine and not completely emptying my bladder. This caused retro ejaculation which means that I no longer am able to ejaculate normaly. Instead the semen does go up into my bladder and I pee it out with my urine. I am very depressed over this and feel that no woman would want me now because of this condition. I am a human being with feelings and am getting very low because of this. I sometimes wonder if it is worth going on. I sit down and cry very often because i don't know where to go on from this point. I know longer FEEL like a human being.

Steve    

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

don't feel down steven, this happens to a lot of men, it's just part of growing older. Think if you hadn't had the treatment you may not be here now.  There are plenty women out there who don't want any more kids so you would be ideal for them. keep your chin up and I hope you feel up to finding someone when you are ready.
    • Posted

But I don't know why I ever made a decision like this, Though. I don't feel like a man.
    • Posted

I would go and get some counselling about this issue steven because otherwise it will continue to bug you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.