Depression

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey recently I've been dealing with anxiety and depression and also negitive thoughts ive been over thinking about my future my family and just my life period a couple weeks ago i went through deep depression where i wasnt eating sleeping talking or anything even when i tried to go to church i just felt angry and i just feel so alone like i cant talk to anyone ive always been really shy but i feel like its getting worse to where i wont even meet new people because im too scared of me saying the wrong things but yeah ive just recently not been feeling like myself and feeling extra down like i have nothing to live for im hoping this is just a obstacle in my life and its temporary

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Have you considered medication or therapy

Lil

• Posted

I have thought about it but ion think i should cus i feel like its something i should try to get through on my own
    • Posted

I thought I could do it on my own and 10 years later its not cured but it is controled by medication and therapy

Good luck to you

Lil

• Posted

Sorry you have been dealing with anxieties and depression. I myself have anxieties and depression and i found out when you have negative thinking it can cause your anxieties and depression

You need to stop worring about your future and your familys future. 

You need to learn to trust in God because nobody know the future you can only work on whats going on in the present and work on past mistakes. Nobody knows the future only God does and worring about it now will cause anxieties and depression. 

Try to do the stuff you need to do for today and do not worry about tomorrow when it gets here than you can. Only worry about today and the present. 

God will handle the rest

Hang in there 

Elizabeth

• Posted

I know how you feel about medication but you start taking medication you might not be able to stop but eating is voluntary so you can make yourself eat you can turn off all the lights and make yourself sleep you can prepare yourself so that you can talk to peopleyou might need a non-addictive sedative to calm you down so that you can sleepeat healthy sleep well and enjoy the relationships you already have
  • Posted

Hi Aaliyah,

My daughter went through the exact same thing. She 18 when it started, and just a few weeks ago it disappeared. She's now 33, so that was 15 years of suffering for her, and 15 years for us, worrying about her. She tried some meds from the doctor but she had bad reactions to them. Our GP recommended therapy, but she was too scared to leave the house, so she couldn't go. What I think would be helpful, would be to tell you her story, to give you hope.

I've busy at the moment but I'll send you a PM tomorrow, I promise. Love Tess

• Posted

my love you have everything to live for live is to precious and so are your family. what scares you about taking medication that you may get addicted, the fact you are on medication? of course it is your my lovely and if you can find alternatives to help I really admire your strength. I had been on and of anti depressants for years and when i felt ready I STOPPED them I always weaned my self off them so when I got hit last November with depression I was determined that no more would I rely on medication as I saw it as a failure once again, for three months i cried every single day I was so low and I just couldnt pick my self up, i was being dizzy, having palpatatons and all the common symptons of anxiety and stress. it was when I went to the doctor after four months of trying to cope with each day and having palpatations and chest pains for over two hours one night she did the routine tests pulse bp ect and I just broke down I was then adamant i didnt want meds but i went back again after four days seen another female doctor who said it was depression/stress/anxiety I knew I had to go on the medication again it took nearly four weeks to kick in I also had propanalol and im feeling a lot better, the diffence is i also use aromatherapy oils and use meditation and have agree to cbt. I am in my early fifties and have just found out that im going through the menapause too but I want to spend hopefully my next twenty years plus being free from anguish and torment because tht is what anxiety and stress cause. I do feel my daughter is going to suffer as I did but where as i didnt have the support years ago i know to look for the signs and i will make sure she will never go through what I have and god willing she never will. please dont suffer take what ever help you feel will suit you best. I know that when the time is right I will come off the tablets and like i said i will wean my self off them you will get through it my love it just takes a little time 
  • Posted

you are very welcolme my love hope you get the help you want and need 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.