Depression

Posted , 9 users are following.

I feel like I don't belong in the world anymore. I had surgery 6 years ago that altered my prostate forever. Now I can't perform the functions that I used to always enjoy as a man. When I look around at the world, I see a strange world in which I am no longer a part of anymore. It makes me wonder if I belong. If there is forgiveness for making mistakes. Suicidal thoughts are always with me now. It's scary when I think of the things I may do to make my exit from this world. I just don't know if I can come back and be the person I used to be. DO I BELONG HERE ??? and AM I LOVED??? 

1 like, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi!  The problem is the BOARD is messed up and we don't see your replies to us right now.

Your not alone..you sound like a wonderful, SMART person.

Hey..you can have an orgasm...that is GOOD for you.  I could personally care less about that stuff....but I know for guys it is a different story.

How long ago did you have this coring procedure? Does the Dr. think this pain is going to be forever? I think if you could get the physical pain to pass...the emotional pain would not be so on your mind all the time....

You say its not like you to withdraw...so in the program for drinking problems..they say "Fake it till you make it".....start small by reaching out to a close friend that you have been avoiding.....do a lunch.

There is NO reason to not feel normal or feel like a freak...you are normal..your "stuff" just doesn't flow normal.I will be back...I have to leave the house right now.

I have a lot of "weird" stuff going on with me...and people call me CRAZY...but once we get used to the new US....we can like ourselves.

• Posted

I liked one of the suggestions eman gave to you about trying to put a smile on someones face each day....were you able to do that today?  Think hard...I'm sure you were.

What is your family like? Do you have brothers, sisters?  Anyone close by? 

You (LIKE ME)...need to get out more and around people....whether it makes us anxious initially it is ultimately GOOD for us.

Another thing I want to do is take a d*mn walk!  Its SO Hard to be motivated to take a walk....

Are you on any antidepressent?

I am not comparing my status to your situation...but I CAN...because my depression and fear is SO debilitating...that I don't see a purpose for my life anymore either....

But a couple of weeks ago...I tried to NOT live anymore...and it didn't turn out so great...and I was glad I was taken to hospital...and I told myself at that time....I DO have so much to offer...and I shouldn't give up...I keep forgetting those thoughts.

BUT, regardless of our "conditions"...they do not make us the people that we are.....IF WE DONT LET THEM.

We have to fight thru these desperate, fearful...lonely feelings and come out the other side...stronger men and women.

• Posted

I don't know. Missy. I am on antideptessants now. I don't know if they will help.

• Posted

Been trying to write in this group forever, I don't even know how to start a conversation here, but 1 month ago my doctor diagnose me with depression and it is hard to avcept that he is telling me the truth, I pee alot, numbness and tingling anyone help please, I feel left out lije noone is really listening to me, I worry alot

• Posted

Hi to all on this post, Steven in particular....

I have been on the maximum dose of *** sertraline ***for more than ten years...they saved my life, I was so depressed I am sure I would have committed suicide...they have helped me for many years, but I think I need a change....

I still get days of a terrible sense of fear and total hopelessness..

I then felt even worse, as I have a hubby....three sons....a daughter....a grandson...and another grandchild on the way....

Try not to give up all of you...it can get better....

MY empathy...love...sincerity...and true caring in my heart for you all...will post later....please sleep well lovey people...

Big warm hugs ...dee xxxxxxxx

• Posted

Hi deirdre,

Thanks for yor post. I hope you read my initial thread where I introduced this discussion on depression. As you go through my replies you can see where my guilt lies in having this surgery done. I don't even think I needed it now, but at the time my chronic prostatitis was so bad that i couldn't see any other wat out. I still have chronic prostatitis and am now stuck With retro- ejaculation. As a result I have been started on an anti depressant by a psychologist. Please stay with me, deirdre, as womens responses help me so much.

Thank you

Steve

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.