Depression

Posted , 1 user is following.

has anyone been prescribed risperidone and what did they think about it being of help. Non bipolar so very wary. seem to be intolerant to ssri s.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hello risperidione worked very well for me for seven years...a lot better than other meds...
  • Posted

Yes I had anxiety and depression....
    • Posted

I get the impression you only took this for seven years, can I assume you have recovered on this medication
  • Posted

Unfortunately no....I'm on different meds now.....ive tried a few....risperidione is the best Ive been on....

• Posted

As you will understand, i am doing my research on this before i take it.  It would be helpful to me to know if you found any side effects.  I am afraid it will give me bad dreams etc.  I do not have any paranoia and dont want it.
  • Posted

The only side effect I had with risperidione is that I put on weight....it worked fine for me no paranoia or nothing....I managed to go to work....and do my job....after seven years tho they stopped working...so I had to be put on other meds....if u can go with out meds then don't take any...

• Posted

Thanks so much. I dont think my anxiety ane depression will leave without meds so taking none isnt foing to be possible.  My main worry is that i worry so much the anxiety is out of control, even a trip to see family is an ordeal.  Hoping risperidone will help,this, what do you think.
    • Posted

I understand I'm the same....I hope it will help you....or you can ask for mirtazapine and aripiprazole but they haven't worked very good for me...I'm ok....but I don't feel 100 percent ok on them....

• Posted

Seen psych and he is now saying mirtazapine uppd dose and olanzapine small dose.  He did think about ariprprazole but hen said olanzapine.  I really dont want these anti psychotics but what can i do, i am depressed but mainly anxious and he says this is the right treatment.  I wonder if lamictal would be better, there are a few people seem to get on well with that.  Meantime i am left with diazepam which isnt working very well.  New regime to start next week imthink, just waiting for the prescrip. But so anxious they wont work.  Last tried seroquel as augment and had suicidal thoughts so,stopped.  Cant face it all again.
    • Posted

Well i have increased the mirtazapine as told to, and have woken with terrible thoughts of rage and hurting someone.  Now i have to introduce olanzapine but i am worried it will make the waking thoughts worse.  I am truly upset and concerned about whatnthese drugs are doing to me.  Do you think i should take the olanzapine tonight
    • Posted

Yes I think u should take your meds if you've been prescribed them...remember u can come off them in the future...but it takes time and you need to be put on lower dosages...don't suddenly stop taking meds cos it will make you very ill....

• Posted

Ok, its good to have opinions of one who has been there.   I am keeping my fingerssed formthr 15 of mirtazapine, and all being ok will introduce olanzapine on monday (scared to take it as its a holiday and dr is closed). Would it be ok to keep in touch with you to see how it goes?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.