Depression

Posted , 11 users are following.

Having bad thoughts to end things what do I do

3 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Love just keep pushing .. I too was having those same thoughts today some I tell myself is if I don't feel right I go back to sleep and try it all again 

• Posted

Hello Jade so sorry that you are suffering so much. Can you tell us what is going on to make you feel this way? Diane
  • Posted

Hi Jade,

I am experiencing similar having wrestled with suicidal depression for the past few years. Try to accept the thoughts for what they are. They are real but you definitely don't need to act on them. Try to distract yourself. Do something that will soothe & relax you. You need to try to talk to someone you trust, a friend or a health professional. Is there anyone you can contact to let them know how you are feeling? We are here so you are not alone. Please don't hurt yourself. You are precious & your life does have a purpose even if you can't see what it is at the moment. Give yourself a chance & don't give up. Keep in touch with us. We do care. Sending you healing hugs x

• Posted

I am also feeling like this today. What is going on for you Jade? Maybe saying on this forum will help a little ~ that's what I'm hoping for x

• Posted

Jad

Contact NHS Information Line on Tel111 and explain what is wrong.

If you have the Crisis Team Telephone number call direct, although the Information line will assist

BOB

• Posted

When you start having the thoughts scream "stoppp" it will help hopefully.

• Posted

I agree. I was taught this by a counselor. It works. Diane
    • Posted

Yes asking for help works. I asked my doctor for help. I asked my next door friends for help. I asked the counselor for help.
  • Posted

If you are assailed by suicidal thoughts, the first thing to remember is that many people who have attempted suicide and survived ultimately feel relieved that they did not end their lives. At the time of attempting suicide they experienced intense feelings of despair and hopelessness because it seemed to them that they had lost control over their lives and that things could never get better. The only thing that they still had some control over was whether they lived or died, and committing suicide seemed like the only option left. This is never true.

• Posted

Some good advice I've been given is this;                            

You need to remind yourself that the s**t time will eventually have an end,

and most importantly, everyone has something in their life thats worth staying around for. You just need to realise what that is. All the best

• Posted

I had a similar thought two years ago. I picked up the phone and called a friend.

I  started drinking a glass of water before eating.

I visited my doctor and asked for a second medical opinion as well. I asked for help and received help by asking my friends, my next door friends

• Posted

the only thing that you need to remember is (is it right to end my life???)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.