depression

Posted , 6 users are following.

sorry to bother yall but ive been suicidal ive been cutting my wrists and i feel like i have nobody to talk to... because nobody is here for me i cant sleep, i have hella anxiety, so much depression and im not really eating i dont feel like i want to eat i just wanna die i feel like a disapointment to my family they would be better off without me. i dont know what to do

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi SAD.KID.NINA

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

Hello,

I’m so sorry you feel like this.

It is important to know that most Suicide attempt survives are relieved that their attempt failed and go on to live happy lives. Whilst your in the midst of depression, I’m sure you feel hopeless. But I promise you there is a way out. 

In regards to your family, they will be in far more pain if you were to end your life I assure you. I’ve seen the devastation it causes.

Have you spoken to anyone? 

Ella x

• Posted

You should call your local hospital to let them know how you are feeling most most hospitals will let you know where you can go to be admitted to get professional help. Also there's a national hotline that you can call listed below:

on Lifeline

We can all help prevent suicide. The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.

1-800-273-8255

• Posted

Firstly you've got nothing to be sorry for, you've done the right thing by coming on here,

I'm sorry to hear how you're feeling. Do you know what has caused this or why you feel the way you do? Sometimes things can trigger depression sometimes you might not know or understand why you feel the way you do, both are normal. 

There's no way that people that love & care about you would be better off without you, you're not a disappointment at all, you just need some support to get through a tough time. You should try speaking to family or friends, They would hate to know that you're suffering alone & I'm sure they'd want to help if you gave them the chance. If you really don't feel like you can talk to them then you should speak with your doctor or a mental health professional & be completely honest about everything so that they can help. You can always talk to us x

• Posted

Hi there

from out side looking in... you said you don’t know what to do...

you sound like you are in great distress and pain  clearly. Please  can you calll your dr reach out to someone near to you ?don’t leave it. 

not sleeping and eating will make it worse  you know that!though I’ve been there and it’s been the last thing on my mind! 

Does your family know how you are feeling ??

Please pick up the phone put you first and seek help.

IM 40 now taking it day by day sometimes hour by  hour but it can get better.

Talk to a professional or loved one, they wouldn’t be better off without you at all.

its this illness cruel and indiscriminate a chemical imbalance in our brains.

Maybe make today the day you are kind to yourself and give yourself a break and get help xx

vicky

• Posted

Hi SAD - You are not bothering us - we are here to support people just like ourselves. Is there a doctor you can see? You need professional help with this. It's important you reach out. If you cannot access such, go to the nearest hospital emergency ward and tell them you are suicidal. There are avenues you have a moral and personal duty to explore before settling for escape.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.