Depression after big life choices

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I need some advice. I suffer from Gad and Depression I had a nervous breakdown last year and documented it all in my journal. We moved home last year and for the first time in a long time I felt settled I got to a good place I finished my cbt and was in a good place. Our landlords decided to sell our house and only gave us a month to move out so we settled for a house about 15 mins from where I currently lived it needed some work doing to it but I felt positive about it.

We moved in 4 days ago and I haven’t stopped crying I hate the place the neighbour has already moaned about the dog the move was stressful for a number of reasons but I just can’t settle. I know it takes time but I hate the new area and the neighbours the flat is falling apart and I feel like I am back at square one I’m sleeping loads and crying the rest of the time I am angry and resentful to my husband I just don’t know what to do I feel like crap help anyone xx

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linzi. So sorry that you are having such a bad time and what is worse is that you were feeling so good. Is there a way that you can get back in therapy and try to nip this in the bud so to speak? 

There are some places that trigger old feelings in me from childhood experiences. And if I don't have roots there I move on as fast as I can but I'm sure that you have a lease there now. Can you fix it up some and make it yours. Make it you. Homie like your taste. Cover some of the nicks and crevices with your personality. I'm sure it would make you and your husband feel better until you can move. 

When my first child was one and a half due to a transfer that my ex husband received we had to give up a beautiful home..family and friends. I felt much like you though I was not mad at my husband but was mad at the situation. But I knew it would eventually lead to a much better life for us. And boy did it!

Hope you can find some hope in something that I have said. Please keep us posted. We so care about you. Diane. 

• Posted

Thank you for your reply I had a long heart to heart with my husband tonight. We have contacted the estate agents and we have to be here for at least 6 months so have to sit tight for now. Your story has made me feel better and it’s so nice not to feel so alone with it all it’s so silly it’s only 5 minutes down the road from my old house.

Thank you xx

• Posted

Hi again. No your feelings are never silly. I don't know about you but I am a nester and where I live and the neighborhood makes a big difference to me. Making a house into a home is a great love of mine and I know you enjoyed all aspects of where you lived too. Don't shame yourself. You are adjusting to a place that does not suit you at all😊  Be good to yourself. Diane

• Posted

I had to go back to the old house today and sort some bits out I had a good cry and kind of made peace with it. I know that sounds silly making peace with a house but I feel better for it so fingers crossed the clouds start to lift.

Thank you 

• Posted

Hi Linzi you know how you feel so don't dismiss it.  I am sorry you are unhappy in your new home but why not cheer yourself up with thinking about your next home and plan to house hunt nearer the time.  Once you know you can be out of there one day it might make it easier to put up with it for the time being.  x

• Posted

Hi Linzi that sounds very good. Seems like you are coming to peace with the situation and I am happy for you. Diane
  • Posted

hi friends dispersion is most common problem in the world firstly you are not  remember your  past or regrades and doing meditation regularly you can change life easily if you went to doing then go to you tube and searches

i am defiantly sure about this  you can  completely change your life     

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.