Depression after knee replacement!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Dear all,

As I told you guys in my last update, my mother went thru severe issues after knee surgery. Now she is back home after spending 25 days in hospital. She is recovered from following issues hb level, electrolytes imbalance, diarrhoea.

He has started walking 50-60 steps a day. But now from past four days. She started acting abnormal, she rolls her eyes, put her jaws stiff, when we try to make her exercise she starts screaming. Her bed sours are all gone. But she still complain about it. The way she is talking is not normal.

Is this normal? What should I do, because I'm unable to see her like this. I am very worried.

I've made her visit the psychariest, he gave her anti depressants medication which made her sleep. And we can't give those medication due to her previous health conditions.

Any suggestions?

Tkr date 18th December 2015

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I would ask the doctor for a review of all her medication.

Obviously she's been in that much pain and discomfort it's affected her mental health.

It's severe post trauma - I've had mild post trauma after knee surgery and its disorientating

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

No.....this isn't anywhere close to normal. There appears to be some sort of chemical imbalance. When was the last time she had blood work done. I would be tempted to get her back to the emergency room for possible readmission to get to the bottom of this under controlled conditions rather than through phone calls and outpatient hit and miss. Good luck....you are definately having to go through some very tough times.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Sounds like a blood-imbalance to me, too.  Insist that it gets checked.  Her meds def need reviewing depending on those results.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Get her doctor involved, this is way over what you should be coping with.  Her bed sore may have gone, but her skin could have become over-sensitized. With the symptoms your describe this is NOT depression. If you can't get a doctor out, either take her to your local A&E or call an ambulance.  If she is screaming, she is in pain
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Get her medical treatment asap. Not to scare you but a friend of mines mother got like that, she had an infection and they thought they were going to lose her. She didn't even know her family. Don't delay. 
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up