depression and anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

i am new here and i too suffer from depression and anxiety pretty much all my life. i cant remeber childhood and psy doc said i was bipolar but i dont think i am cuz i dont ever get the manic episodes. i am taking seroquel, zoloft, and xanax but i still feel so lonely. i just found out i a,

m going to be a grandma and i am real excited but i still just sit in my chair all day. any suggestions on what i can do to stop all this excessive worrying and thinking the worst of everything. thank you for reading this

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

HI Dawn.  Sitting all day in chair will do nothing for you ! 

Go outside and enjoy life . Talk to your doctor , to cut back some of the medication .it looks like they don't helping you much . 

Instead try some yoga , meditation or exercise  . There is so many other things you can do instead of medications . Good luck ! Donna 

• Posted

meds used to help but i have been on same meds and dose for two years. i didnt mention that i lost my mother and my cousin 4 weeks ago (in the samee week) and it is just tearing me up inside.
    • Posted

I'm soo sorry Dawn for your loss ! I can't even imagine how you feel !! I just hope you will find some comfort , knowing you have support here  . 

You are in my prayers Dawn . All the best ! Please let us know how are you doing ok ? Donna 

• Posted

You need to relax and control your fears.

I suest you try Mindfulness Relaxation Technique, that may help you as this Technique deals with various life concerns not just Relaxation. You can Purchase a book on this at Amazon.

Breathing Techniques can be undertaken as well, they are used during child bearing, although in Mental Health the system is slightly different.

I know this will be awkward, when new Grandchild visits, you will possibly need some ME time to get away for a while, if you feel your Anxiety comes on.

BOB

• Posted

meds used to help but i have been on same meds and dose for two years. i didnt mention that i lost my mother and my cousin 4 weeks ago (in the samee week) and it is just tearing me up inside.
  • Posted

Congrats on your new grandbaby, how exciting! That's definitely one way to keep busy and without bad thoughts, look up things for a baby shower, supplies you will all need, etc. My anxiety goes to an all time low usually whenever I'm planning for something. Try meditation also, and are you in therapy for the loss of your family? That alone makes it totally understandable that you just want to sit around all day. Let yourself sit around and grieve, because that is the healthy thing to do for a little while... But remember, you have something extremely positive to look forward to, and I'm sure a family that needs you being positive also.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.