Depression and anxitey controlling my life

Posted , 3 users are following.

I started Zoloft 50mg 4 weeks ago & I was already taken Xanax prior to that.

My anxitey is controlling me & my depression is bad. I have been on xanax for 2 years & at first it was a life saver. Now it doesn't seem to help.

Since I started the Zoloft I have been smoking more, very agitated & can't sleep & wake up @ 4:00 every morning. Also can't think straight and memory problems. I am VERY NEGATIVE and afraid to make any dicisions. Is it worse before getting better & how long does it take?

Not sure if this is the right medication for me. My Doctor wanted me to take Wellbutrin but MANY bad side effects after checking differnet sites.

She wanted me to take this to help me stop smoking!

I really need help I am in my 60's & have a p/t job to help make ends meet besides social security. I don't want to lose my job because of my agitation.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I think if your current medication isn't working, you need to consider the suggested change. It's scary, I've been on loads if dad's, the lists of side effects are massive, but these drugs affects everyone differently. You can't stay the way you are can you? Be brave lovely, go back to Dr and request a change. Good luck x

• Posted

I did contact dr since posting & she changed me to Cymbalta.

First day had diarrhea, 2nd & 3rd day all I wanted to do was sleep.

This med really made me sooo spacy & sleepy I just stopped it.

I had to go to work the next day & wouldn't be able to function.

I really want to give Wellbutrin a chance because I really want to stop smoking. I am so scared now to try a new med but can't go on with living like this....plus the smoking is going to kill me!!!

• Posted

Ah Linda, I've been on that myself. It didn't work for me personally, but you need to know that the first week on any drug is hard. The body needs time to adjust. Coming off them so quickly doesn't give your body time to adjust physically.

Can you take a few days off work to ride out the worst days while giving it another try?

Xx

• Posted

So u took Cymbalta? Another thing that scares me with this med is a COMMON SIDE EFFECT IS LIVER DAMAGE!!

I don't work the weekend & Mondays and I started on a Sat thinking I would have 3 days to see my reaction to this med & look what happened.

• Posted

I'm no expert, and as I said, it didn't work for me, but I do know that side effects are worse for the first few days, but perhaps a week would be better for you personally? Of course, it could be the case that this med in particular isn't right for you.

From what I've read, liver damage appears to be a problem for people who have current liver problems or who are predisposed to liver damage.

Whatever med you choose, there will be an adjustment period, hope you find something that works for you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.