Depression and work

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone, I really feel I need to stay off work tomorrow as I feel mentally and physically exhausted. Two doctors have said I should take time off but was off in October with RSI. I work for the council and will probably hit another sickness trigger. They are aware of both conditions. Does anyone else have this battle in their heads of whether to go in to work or not. I am so tired

Love, Marie xx

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marie,

When you say you work for the council, I am guessing that you are on Local Government terms and conditions? Are you in a Union? They might be able to give you some advice? The best thing you can do is to check your conditions of service to see exactly what the sickness policy covers.

The decision about whether you should go to work is really up up to and your GP.

Good luck x

• Posted

Yes Shaz, I am in the Union and I could go off sick. It will cover me but it just gets more complicated. I have dragged myself in and hanging on by the skin of my teeth x
    • Posted

Well done for going into work. That is a massive step forward, given how you are feeling! I know how difficult it is to have to go into work when you feel so tired and down. On a positive note, the weekend is nearly here. Try and hold on till then and then take the opportunity to rest and relax, maybe pamper yourself, do some nice things.

Hope today is going ok. X

• Posted

I know this will sound clique but take care of yourself first or you not able do do your job well . Have you tried therapy for depression and get to the reasons or sometimes it's simply a matter of taking a vaca for a change of scenery. 

• Posted

Hi, Thank you and I know I should take care of myself. I wish I could take a vacation. My depression is long standing and I am on medication and having counselling, just mentally exhausted. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.