Depression, does it make you feel like a weak person?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Depression causes people to feel many different ways about themselves.  Some find themselves asking, why me? Other's may want to know what's happening to them...and other's want to know why they cannot cope with their life.  And, other's feel like it makes them a weak person

I'm here to tell you that you are NOT a weak person.  If you're here addressing your depression, you're a very strong person!  You want change.  You open your arms for change.  That my friends is a good reason to respect yourself and to see that it takes a very strong person to say they are depressed and ask for help.

How do you feel about this?

Just sayin'

Frustrated

3 likes, 13 replies

Report / Delete

13 Replies

• Posted

Wow, what a wonderful and powerful message! Thank you, Frustrated. That was really good to hear! Sending you my best wishes xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

G,Day frustrated62 im only 62 years young i still blooby Love riding my Honda goldwing 1800 on a lot of show n shines great for charity everts lots of $$$$$$$ for them But some days my Pain Leval is very high i could be the weather or doing to much back work it geta Bit Hard at Times PAIN Rules my Life where i go how long i can go for its a real Paun in the Bum it would be Great if we could turn the Body clock back and Know then what i Know Now hey it would be great cheers every one .No Matter how Bad you are there is some one some where a lot worse than me ?? thats how i think it ?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

try restorative hot yoga.  It worked wonders for my back pain.  Have a herniated disk in my low back.  Makes the pain manageable.  There are a lot of guys your age doing hot yoga.  Plus there are a lot of attractive women in their bending over in tight pants.  No reason not to go! a great view and wonderful for back pain.  Good luck to you!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I couldn't agree more, wingman.  Oh, and, I'm 61 :P each year counts when one is getting "up there" although, like you, I don't feel like I'm "up there".  On my bad days, I too suffer from chronic pain from an auto accident that broke my back in two places and fractured my neck so, with the spinal fusions, it keeps my body quite stiff, if you will.  I try and that's all I can do is try.  And cheers to you that you continue to ride your bike as that in itself is hard on your back.  Do you feel setbacks after a long journey?  I found a few things that help with 'triggers' and I'd be happy to share them with you if you are interested.

Now,  your bike, well that's a hellufa bike!  it's beautiful.  What color is yours?  Are you in the UK?  Just curious as I was also curious about the charities you enter into.  Kudos to you, wingman!

Thank you for your response, I appreciate your input!

Frustrated61 lol

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi David ~

i loved to do yoga myself.  With the sitation I'm in, I had to stop all exercise of any kind, even water therapy.  It sux really because I've always been one to be extremly active and take great care of my health.  I still take care of my health but in different ways, now.  LOL@ you guys with the women in the yoga classes.  Don't forget that yoga makes ya "fart" lol so that's an image to think about.  HAHA!  sorry couldn't resist.

Frustrated

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I didn't even realise I had Depression I had very bad anxiety attacks for many years and became agoraphobic, I have got better and am a much stronger person at the time I thought why me?  The reason I asked why me is I have always been outgoing and confident but it just goes to show it can happen to anyone.  Mental Health is linked to eating disorders - I have an eating disorder too, high intelligence and perfectionism.

I have had to be strong my husband walked out on me and our children 13 months ago having a breakdown, Bipolar?  Major Depression?  Borderline Personality Disorder? Mania? Psychosis?  He has hit the self destruct button on his entire life, won't admit he has a problem or seek help, he was a very successful business man and is now is a relationship with an alcoholic woman and is now self medicating on alcohol.  Sadly we have done all we can and things are only to get much worse, it is very much about finding the motivation to change.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Jackie ~

First, I'm very sorry your husband is an idiot.  Walking out on a woman he's been married to and has had his children with for an alcoholic woman, well let's just say, karma baby!  I'm not one to wish ill on anyone but that burns me that you've described yourself as struggling at times and in need of much support and he walks away.  Jackie, he may have done you a favor.  Someone will come along and see your worth and want to be with you for all the right reasons.  My daughter has 3 kids with the "love of her life" but things didn't work out.  She stayed longer than she should have with him but it was because she didn't think anyone would want a woman with 3 kids.  There are many men who want a family and would give an eye for one.  She found her prince and he too, has 3 kids (yes, the brady bunch lol) but the also had one more between the both of them...so now they are a family of 9!  And, very happy.  So you set back is just that, a set back.  Take this time to re-do yourself and find out what makes  YOU happy again.  Your kids will be better for this also.  Try to get back into the workplace or better your education and find yourself with more options of a possible soul mate.

I wish you well and you seem like you're a very strong person.  Keep your chin up and enjoy your kids as they grow up so quickly.  Your ex, well he'll find his demons and have to soon address them.  Again, I'm sorry about that mess, it's a hard thing to deal with but you can do it!!

Your friend,

Frustrated

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for your kind words frustrated, it has been a dreadful time we had been together 34 years not something you can just dismiss.  Luckily I am over my issues and much stronger but he is seriously ill and not getting help at some point he will come crashing down, no one knows when though, in the meantime I have to put myself first and make sure I protect myself I have no intention of getting ill again.

Good news about your daughter, you does she manage?  LOL  All you ever want is for your kids to be happy.

Thanks again. xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

That's right, Jackie, we all want our kids to be happy but we also want happiness.  Please make sure you're stronge enough for when your ex comes crashing down, you can support him with kindness but don't allow yourself to be a party to his behavior.  You deserve so much more than that.  Thirty four years is definite something not to dismiss however, it's just a number.  You count how many of those years were actually happy and I'll bet you will find more happiness out there waiting for you!  I wish you well and please, talk anytime you feel the need!!!  We're all here for you.

Frustrated (and thank you as well)

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks frustrated most of the years were happy, we were the best of friends and inseperable until he became ill.  He has refused help from psychiatristats, the MH crisis team and everyone.  I am quite good I know how to protect myself as I had MH issues myself and have no wish to get dagged back down or ill again. J
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up