Depression ended my relationship and I can't move on

Posted , 4 users are following.

Please someone help me I know I sound like a broken record all of my posts are about my ex and this us the only place I can feel any understanding..my depression broke our relationship up and he is all u can think about . I broke up with him at the beginning of year and we hadn't spoken since i MESSAGED him recently and he asked to meet and and he said he would and told me not to forget i gave him a date and he didn't reply in over a week. I felt seeing feelings for him and my depression broke us up I'm so scared he just thinks I'm insane but I need to meet with him to explain that I was ill when I. Met him which had a horrible affect on our relationship I am really struggling to move on even though I'm in a better place. I feel like I loved him and h said he could see himself falling in love with he... I feel I'm going mental over it I just want conclusion while I'm better to know its over I'm just so in love with him and I don't know why he said some really horrible things but I can't shake him off....am I stalker and mental??? Is it wrong I want him back and he's all I can think about

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Yes it's wrong. Keep your self respect. Don't waste time with someone who doesn't take the time or effort to invest in you or care about you enough to really find out who you are or what's going on in your life. And if he said some horrible things why would you even want to be with anyone who doesn't treat you right?

Been there & done that and it brings nothing but heartache and pain for you.

Put on your big girl britches & move along to find someone who says wonderful things not horrible. ..someone who values you. Life is too short to chase anything you have to force.

• Posted

I know it is!

I was in the same boat until I decided nobody was going to be in charge of my happiness ... was me!

Be strong, don't compromise yourself & believe and know that you can do this and better things are down the road. Do not ever be in a toxic relationship! Go you! Hold your head up high & walk away with dignity

• Posted

I know I need to be stronger it's so hard I think because it happened during my depression naturally I'm trying to find a conclusion ...
    • Posted

All I can say is I had to force myself to stop. I wish you luck!
    • Posted

Thanks just find it easier to let loose about me feelings on herexxx
  • Posted

When somebody becomes ill they cannot be blamed for it, so you should not carry any guilt as to what happened.

If I were you I would explain to him face to face what you think went wrong, and ask if now he knows what the problem was, could he have lived with it.

That should tell you where you stand.

If the response is a negative one then you have no alternative but to get on with your life on your own, because you will have established that it wouldn't have worked out anyway between you.

If the answer is positive, then ask him if he is prepared to try and repair his side of the relationship now he understands your side of things.

From the legality side of things I would strongly advise you against stalking, and on a personal/ psychological level I would suggest that you do need to bring a conclusion to this quickly, or risk severe damage to your own health.

• Posted

Thanks! And by stalking I meant Facebook as in just checking his profile! X
    • Posted

Checking his profile is fine, but any other stalking is very much off limits.

So why don't you give my suggestion a try and see how you get on?

• Posted

Oh yes definitely I would never stalk someone.

I tried to arrange a meet up and gave a date but he hasn't replied for like a week now so I assume he's not interested.

• Posted

Not necessarily, he may be busy.

A general tip when trying to meet someone is to let them supply the date, time and venue, as this is a good indicator as to whether they are interested.

• Posted

Hi kelly i suffered depression when i was teenager till the age of 17 , i had been with my partner at the time for 4 years (young love) . My depression split us up as i was so up and down all the time. And after it had finished all i could think about was him i wanted him back i loved him so i thought, i didnt see him for about 8 weeks when he just popped by by house one day , all the feelings came back but i realised that all he wanted was sex and nothing else at the time i thought it was a good thing that he wanted us to try again but that wasnt the case. Anyway a year later after not seeing my ex , i found my now partner 9 years and 4 children down the line i realise that yeah i may have loved him back then but there is ALWAYS someone else out there and someone that will understand what your going through not say vile nasty cruel things to u , and most of all someone who will care for you through the worst and still love u just as much. Please let this man go and better yourself he really sounds as if hes not worth it x
    • Posted

Stacey your words lightened my day up massively thank you so much...I'm proud now I'm identifying it as a problem rather than going ahead with it and just thinking it!

Thank you hun! Xx

• Posted

I was with my ex from when I was 16, we were together for 6 years. We were very much in love, planned for the future etc. Then in the last year of our relationship, I was hit by a bad bout of depression, I was put on meds and after that he became cold and extremely cruel towards me, I didn't recognize this person that I had been with for 6 years. We would argue all the time, then make up, it became destructive.

Then one day I woke up and had enough, I didn't deserve to be treated the way he treated me, I deserved better, so I broke up with him. I blamed myself for a long time, but my life became much better without him, I moved on and so will you.

Never be ashamed of who you are and what your going through, if someone truly loves you they accept everything about you. Take care, lovely. Xx

• Posted

Thank you... It's just so tough I just want a proper end to it..I was so ill when we broke up and I just want to say my peace
    • Posted

I just feel also he sees all these positives images of me on fb and just thinks I'm a complete mental case
    • Posted

The best thing you can do is cut him out of your life, don't look at his Facebook, block him if you have too. I know its hard, but you have to be tough with yourself. If someone loves you they don't make you feel like this, your not a mental case, who cares what he thinks anyway. He's not worth it, lovely. Xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.