depression guilt & pain need support.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Depression can be tied to stress & cortisol levels build up in the body. As well as weight gain.Diet to lower Cortisol = solution for stress= lower cortisol . The thyroid controls hormones signaled in the brain to the body together with the adrenal glands, regulates every system in our body. Can it really help? I believe that stress can eat you away little by little no matter how hard we fight it. So many of us post Suffering from depression/anxiety to give hope for others.Depression is not a good place,especially if u find yourself stuck in the darkness &isolate. Sometimes it's difficult to break loose.

When I was a child I first noticed I was feeling depressed as bullied in schooI relentlessly & my son was too. I talk to myself very critically as I never seem to feel accepted,the guilt of my sons illness weighs heavily on my soul. Anxiety and panic attacks are the worst. Meds do they help? Having a sick child even though he is an adult has driven me to the brink of depression & illness knowing there is nothing I can do to help my adult child suffering from AL addiction.

No one on earth chooses the pain of depression we are both stuck in for different reasons. It strips me of everything I thought I could be,was or could be. I have lost who I am and feel sad and overwhelmed with extreme sadness knowing that my son will die from this disease. There is nothing left for me to do rehab has failed over and over. He is in bad shape. Physically & mentally.I do have support at home MADD and parents of addiction. I am still lost even though I have studied this for years from the best teachers and lectures. My depression has taken my life to a whole different level. I see a psy nothing gives me peace. What else can anyone suggest? 

It is very overwhelming, it's hard to say what I mean without it being misunderstood. Words are a funny thing and I have a hard time with saying what I want to say, and there is always that one person who will always find fault in what I say and post something angry.

These dark days of depression will pass too. As drs find help when we ask & need it. Drugs are tricky to find the right one for depression. My son is a is a precious gift,living breathing he is my heart.I luv him no matter what. I truly believe my depression is a symptom of the fears of all the YEARS of horrible things he has survived.I always feel like there are times when everything I do is wrong. My skills are not the greatest he is resistant to most people that try to give him hope that he can learn how to be sober. But I want you all to know my heart is in the right place. depression is killing me at times.Maybe not everyone see's eye to eye on my thoughts & we do know how depression feels.It's different for everyone but miserable once your in it'sclutches.   It does take time to find the right diagnosis for depression,seasonal or clinical depression, or whatever the cause. What has helped you the most thru deep depression episodes?I believe we all are helping each other the best way we know how.

3 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hope what is AL addiction?

My son is/was a heroin addict....I was in the same boat...supporting him..being his rock for many years.

Something happened and he doesn't talk to me anymore...so my depression has doubled 2 fold.

For me the ONLY things that have helped....are distraction, therapy and medication.

But, when I lay down at night...NONE of those things help the horror that turns over and over in my head.

Its just the cross we have to bear and WHY I do not know.

The antidepressent that has helped me the MOST is Wellbutrin and it is given for people with Major Depressive and seasonal depression.

I don't know what else to say except I DO understand your intense PAIN....

• Posted

Dear Missy

i too suffer from depression and anxiety!  I have no desire to do anything which I find very disturbing! This is my fourth time around with this and as a female at the age of 68 it is hitting me hard this time! I pray every night I will wake up the next day and will be back to my normal self but so far I guess the man upstairs is not listening! I take Lexapro 20 mil everyday which I have been on for a little over a week and this makes me very gittery and nervous! I hope you find some peace soon!

• Posted

SSRIs do this (make us jittery and nervous)...I would switch the medication.
    • Posted

I have tried many! Cymbalta, Prozac and Zoloft! They were all worse! Do you take any meds?
    • Posted

ALL SSRIs I believe.

I do take Wellbutrin now...and I really like it...and it is not an SSRI.

I am going thru alot of stuff (as we all are)...but mine I think is really bad right now...my income was cut off...my children no longer talk to me...my boyfriend is addicted to drugs...I was an alcoholic or AM but I am not drinking...but I have been in hospital many times for drinking in last 2 years...those are just some examples...

I walked into my therapist yesterday...she has not seen me in 2weeks...

She said to ME....WHAT HAPPENED to you?  LOL.

I was dressed pretty nicely, makeup on and a SMILE on my face...I was extremely CALM for ME....and I smiled and said - WELLBUTRIN.

'

I have only been on it a short time and it is helping me tremendously.

I am also on Gabapentin for chronic pain.

Lorazepam 0.5 at night for sleep

And I drink Chamomile tea at night for sleep.

OH...and I take Acrompasate for alcohol cravings (this works too)

• Posted

Waits a way of life I nev thought would bei have raise 5 boys.

he has away seas a xildha emotional issues head therapy for many years.

Hehadhia ups and down .life de him was different in many ways as he had an psy disorders.

i am so sorry to hear your son has addiction issues to. It is so heartbreaking t watch our beloved children self destruct and we can do nothing.

thank you for sharing what helps you and has given somehelpforself an others  

I know now the pain as its a never ending no matter what we take to calm our fears & pain  it's always there distraction not.

i have missed out on so many thing with him and can never get that I me back. Movin on and foreword can that be the only way to let go and forgive. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.