Depression has been eating away at me for years

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been battling depression for almost 2 years and now that are more stressors in my life (my sister and grandmother died) It's like nothing is working and i feel like giving up...

I try to exercise and talk to people but it doesnt really work, it only works for the time being..

Then more health problems are arising in me and its causing me to really stress.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi! i don't know your name but i know how you feel! last year was black for me - i walked out one day leaving the door open, no keys, phone or coat and left.... i had looked at the local park and thought more and more of how if i jumped i could end my life. i was so ill and couldn't see an end to it, except to take my own life. it's horrible isn't it? without support i would have jumped, i rang my then counsellor and said i was going to jump, the word bye thanks for your help was a giveaway i think! ask no beg and plead for help. you didn't ask to get ill, please see someone. if you are religious i will pray for you

• Posted

Hi, I would just like to say that I don't suffer from depression or anxiety but a member of my family does, she has a little family of her own and suffers on a daily basis but tries her best to control it for her children's sake, I try to be there for her when ever I can, we always have a good talk and I listen to her thoughts and feelings and I offer her my love and understanding in return, so I know how difficult times can be, I always try to offer her positive thoughts of life in the future, one of them being that no matter how hard it gets theirs always a new day tomorrow , when you go to bed and try to sleep but cant do so because the mind has gone into overdrive try to bring forward a happy event in your life, concentrate on it and if your mind starts to wonder away from it try to bring it back again and again, it can be your loved ones relationships with you and the happy memories you shared together, if you can hold onto that train of thought and let that door close ready for a new door to open ready for whatever life has to offer you for that day ahead can make you a little stronger, if you try and concentrate on the good and positive things no matter how small I would like to think it may help you through the tougher days. I've lost loved ones, parents and my sister and I don't think you ever loose the sadness that it brings when you think of them but I turn my sadness into happier memories of them with looking at photos and always reminiscing about them to other family members, birthdays are always marked with a lit candle in my home or wherever I am at the time, be it on holiday as well, I visit a church or chapel and have a moment with them, even just sitting for 5 minutes with eyes closed somewhere quiet gives me a sense of peace with them..

Its good to talk, even to a stranger, I'll be thinking of you and hope you are able to break through the horrid times and return to good times with your life... Be happy with yourself, accept life's not easy for everyone and that your not on your own out there... sending love and a big hug from me...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.