Depression has worstened to to point im unable to work

Posted , 6 users are following.

Iv had depression for years and been on anti depressants for nearly four years which mostly enabled me to work and funtcion normally.  This week it got too much again and i quit my job and dont feel able to return to any job. I have mortgage payments etc due in a few weeks and now no income coming in and in a horrible frame of mind to make any decisions which can help me now.. Is there anything i can do at this stage when im no longer able to work and the meds are effective enough or will i just end up loosing my home and killing myslef??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello sorry to hear your not feeling great right now. I would suggest contacting your mortgage lender and explaining your situation and also the citizens advice bureau for free confidential support. The worse thing you can do is ignore your bills, companies are usually co- operative and give you some breathing space while you sort yourself out. Also citizens advice will look into what benefits you may be entitled to claim as you are sick. Please visit your GP as well and see what is on offer.Hope this helps you.
  • Posted

Dear Joe,

In the first instant please go and see a doctor that you feel you can trust, explain to

Them exactly and honestly just how low you are feeling. Try not to worry about any financial difficulties until you feel at least a little calmer and able to concentrate......

The citizens advice bureau can be 'very helpful with all kinds of advice on your

Claiming any and all benefits that you are entitled to... do you also have access to a local " community cafe " they are trying excellent with many various types of help

From free legal advice and benefits claims, to supporting and helping you sort out

Various forms and a one to one support... as you are obviously unable to work at

The present time through no fault of your own, you are unquestionably entitled to

Help ( you have paid taxes ) so please try not to panic to much, have you got any

Body close to you to that you can learn on ?

But firstly please see your GP and explain your situation.

My heart goes out to you, you will begin my thoughts, please take care, sincere regards, DEIRDRE x

• Posted

Decide that this is not what you want. Decide that this low mood is course for action. It is temporary, it won't last. If it does last for longer than 3 weeks and you do feel that way call the samaritans, call a hospital, talk to people. Take up a new hobby or join a gym. Force yourself to exercise. As for killing yourself, you've obviously got a good set of hands, you could go out and really do something for the world. You feel this way for a reason, you are mentally ill. That can be fixed and treated, death can't-I'm not trying to dissuade you, just give you an outsider's option because it looks like you've got plenty of options to me
  • Posted

Sorry if that seemed a little abrupt, but worked for me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.