Depression! Help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

my boyfriend and i got in a fight around 2 months ago that hurt us both very much. the two days after that i over analyzed, googled and thoughts about it so much. i started getting questions about my love and felt really depressed for about a week. i had unwanted suicidal thoughts, i cried a lot, couldnt stop thinking about how i felt, etc.. i experienced a few panic attacks that were horrible and sucked everything out of me. i diagnosed myself with bipolar depression, major depression, OCD, GAD, and many more things. i feel disconnected and disattatched from everyone and my surroundings. sometimes i look at my boyfriend i know i love him and other days i cry because i feel that i dont love him. ive never felt like this before and i am extremly scared that i wont go back to the way i was before. i was happy, optimistic, free and extremely in love with my boyfriend. i knew he was the one but i havent felt that was in 2 months and im scared. i want to feel like i felt before because im also not happy in my life. i just started going to therapy a week ago and she told me im having acute symptoms of of anxiety and depression. i dont remember what its like to feel normal and am very scared. i should probably also mention that when i was little my dad left my mom and they got divorced in an awful way, and idk if i ever got over it but i didnt seem to care. any help or words of advice help, thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi i know exactly how you are feeling i feel the exact same way i love my partner very much too but have no feelings of this ! its so horrible and makes me think will i ever feel better xx

• Posted

hi, just wondered if this ever got better for you as I'm in a similar situation?

• Edited

My parents divorced too and I did too ... a marriage at year common law another marriage. Each time , I was being dumped.

I developed a fear of separation and being alone. It can make you clingy distrusting to other and aggressive with thoughts of jealousy. Not something that a person wants to be near. A person with bipolar traits can ruin lives around them if they can't control it.

If you think that you are pushing him away , you might want to seek help in anger management or gambling or what ever direction it affects you.

Remember one thing ...

If you get help , it could be too late for this relationship but life doesn't end here . It always hurts to lose a love but we tend to find another. It may not happen right away but it will give you time to discover that you can be happy and alone. Self independence is an under rated reward. It can give you all of the confidence and self worth that you might lack and make you happier. Most important don't think suicide ! It's a cowards way out that leaves your family hurting.

Say to yourself ... I will be normal and return to my normal habits and not put pressure on the relationship . If you do ...

you'll have a better chance of re-finding happiness with yourself and your boyfriend. You have to be honest and aware with yourself ... Good luck !

• Posted

I forgot to mention ...

Find a time that suites you and your boy friend . Tell him first that you want to share feelings with him and let each other know what the other expects.

No tricks , just honesty ...

find out the truth like adults. It could be the best thing for your relationship or it might make it end .

No relation is perfect but happiness is definitely a desired result. If it's not meant to be then it's not meant to be . Don't fight !

Remain calm , comfort each other... you can remain friends if its possible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.