Depression, insomnia, hyper somnia, headaches, chest pain... Something is always wrong it seems!!???

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm 36 and feeling worse than my husband's 95 yr old grandmother. Normally I'd laugh about that statement, but it couldn't be more true! I'm depressed most of the time, I've got headaches and migraines on a regular basis. My body hurts most days like I've been beaten, to the point sometimes that it hurts just to walk. My periods have started coming every 3 weeks or so and are insanely heavy, rather than the clockwork 4 wk cycles I was having, not to mention how fatigued I get with them now, and my cramps come toward the end now and hurt 2x more. Now I'm having heavy chest pains that come and go, but its not panic BC I have panic attacks and know how to recognize it. It feels like I swallowed wrong, and antiacids aren't working! I go from being OK to feeling like I'm just certain I'm going to die. I don't know what's wrong with me but I'm tired of hearing family say I'm just a hyperchondriac, these things are happening and its making me think I going crazy!! Please someone tell me that I'm not nuts and that I'm not too young to have all these issues!!!!

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Awwwww your defo not nuts

I too get anxiety n thing the inevitable is gunna happen

My probably are my knees excruciating pain at times I cud cry right now as they spasm n my god is it painful

I get OFGS it's not that bad well believe me it is

I saw my gp n been started on low dose of HRT my fatigue is still there but my anxiety seems to have settled but the knee pain hadn't seted at all got a referral again fri to see consultant ? To do orthoroscopy n see what's going on but which knee is the question as both as bad as each other

You are experiencing some of the probs I have so your not going nuts unless I am

Lol

• Posted

Well Carol I'm sorry to hear that and I wish you all the best with your knees, BC believe me I know the pain is absolutely awful! It makes me wanna just give up sometimes, it just hard when youre in pain constantly! Thank you for your kind words and maybe we are going crazy together then! Lol ;-)
  • Posted

Hi 

no your are not going mad, and that's exactly what I asked my GP, and no your not to young, my daughter who is 21 also suffered really bad pain, she is having an endoscopy next week and being tested for rheumatoid arthritis MS and lupus.

perhaps you could keep a food and mood diary, then approach your GP with it, you may have an intolerance to some foods, I get very gassy as well I think I may be gluten intolerant, shall find out in a couple of weeks.

i don't get bleeds anymore, I am 51 and having a terrible menopause.

good luck and hope you get some answers.

• Posted

Scampi18 thank you! I know ive got fibromyalgia well at least thats what they called it. Then I get told that's what they say when they don't know what is wrong with you so I just don't know, but I'm just so tired of it all! I need some real answers, BC I know this isn't all in my head! Thank you and I'll check into those tests! I also have rheumatoid arthritis in my hands and I feel for her BC its an awful feeling! I wish her all the best!
  • Posted

Hi

No you are not going nuts.

I feel the same as you, something always seems to be wrong, my Mum & Dad have more energy than me.

I have really bad insomnia at the moment, plus so many peri menopause symptoms. Do hope we all get answers & begin to feel better real soon. x x

• Posted

Yea my dad is 87 n just had full knee replacement n is fitter than me at present

Hope you feel better soon I went thru a phase early night to bed fell sleep then wide awake from 11pm n woken every hr still happens n I've been goin ing to bed later I wake up knowing it's going to he 3.30-4am

sad

• Posted

I completely understand Deborah and I pray we all get answers too BC I'm dying over here! :-(
    • Posted

Omg I'm so tired of not sleeping normally its affecting my whole life! :-( I just want some peace!
  • Posted

Hi Angeleyez

you are not nuts. I have anxieties too. I understand how you are feeling. Its just your hormones have you ever had your thyroid checked with the tiredness and your iron and vitd maybe these should be checked to see what is going on 

Hang in there

• Posted

Thank you Susan I will look into it! Thank you so much for your time.
  • Posted

AngelEyez, So sorry you are going through this at such a young age. My mild symptoms started in mid to late 40's but when I turned 51 I feel like a hormone switch was flipped on. I've gone through so many emotions with this rollercoaster. I never in my life would have ever imagined how in 1 day I could go from feeling good, to feeling like my body is crashing, to feeling good, to feeling like I'm dying again. It's crazy!!!! I've gotten a grip on anxiety thank God. I get it but I realized that no matter how bad I feel, nothing has happened. I'm still here lol. So it helps me to put things in perspective and I just remind myself, I'm not dying. I just hate the fact that I never know how I'm going to feel, makes it hard to want to make plans. You are definitely not going nuts my dear. The only thing I ever knew about menopause was your periods stop and you get hot flashes. I had never heard of perimenopause and I definitely would not have imagine the 66 symptoms of it. Wow...I have sleep problems, I eat too much and have gained weight, high blood pressure, anxiety, reflux, random joint or muscle pain, fatigue, low sex drive blah blah blah, I can't think of anything that hasn't changed in my body lol. Love the whiskers I have to pluck now too. I tell my husband I think I'm slowly turning into a man...lol. Hang in there girl, it's a wacky ride and I'm still looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
    • Posted

Oh Nancy you did make me giggle, BC lord knows I get what you're saying! All I knew was no periods and hot flashes! Also I was told it won't happen till you're old?!! Well now im over here like, define old please!! LoL Anyway thank you for your comments and I would love to chat some more if you can! Take care and again thank you!
    • Posted

Anytime you need to vent girl..we are hear for you. Have to share my experience today. I had to report to jury duty (got out of it thank God) but of course all I focus on was on NOT having an anxiety attack. Never had this experience before but I had to take an elevator for just a few floors but I felt really weird when I got out. Like I was in a higher elevation. My legs felt a little weak and I felt off. Maybe it's the blood pressure meds I'm on but it was just plain weird and I thought, Oh God, I'll never want to get in an elevator again. I had to laugh it off.....just another day in perimenopause paradise lol

• Posted

Dear AngelEyez

Just to agree with all the other ladies

You are not mad

You are not a hypochondriac

You are not imagining all these horrible aches and pains and crashing fatigue

It sounds like perimenopause.

You are not too young to have started this.

My periods have stopped (I think) but the last few times they were insanely heavy like you describe - I couldn't leave the house at one time because of the flooding.

This forum has really helped me and it can help you too.

You are not alone.

Be kind to yourself.

• Posted

Val thank you! BC God knows I feel so lost and out of place. What also doesn't help is I live with 2 men, my husband who's younger and my 65 yr old uncle. So to get understanding out of them when even I don't know what's wrong hasn't happened! I love that I found this forum, bc now it seems everyone understands and I'm not alone in this! Thank you!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.