Depression is back for no reason

Posted , 5 users are following.

Have battled depression for years. Why does it come back ? It just crept back for no reason . Hate this feeling. Been on same medication for years. Do you think I've became accustomed to it. Feeling hopeless

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

It's awful when it returns, especially when you thought you were rid of it.

I definitely think you need a change of medication, I changed from Citalopram to Venlafaxine to Fluoxetine over the years because they would just suddenly stop working.

Maybe have a chat with you doctor

All the best

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

i think you should see the doc,might up the strengh,just seems when you think your doing well them bam it hits you again,try doing abit of exersise maybe a bit of light strengh training like light weights,see if that helps a bit,STAY STRONG AND KEEP FIGHTING THE FIGHT

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hi, i hope you are ok. many of us  are in the same boat as you. Has anything happened or changed for it to come back again. Same as the others had said, maybe get some diff meds but you should go to the docs..Depression works in mysterious ways, can be fine for ages and them boom you are right back where you started. Stay strong and positive..thinking of you smile

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Same thing happened to me! Was on Lexapro for 10 yrs, feeling great and bam one day Everything returned! My GP increased the dosage to 20 mil and that was 6 weeks ago and I am still feeling low, but a slight improvement! Guess the increase needs more time to stabilize, at least that is what I am praying for!
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up